ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Greatest Show in Vegas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 7/19/2006, 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow Stan, that is some site she has there. Beautiful pics.... Funny I was thinking of the pics IGO and others have taken. Some with digital others with old cameras. Reading her bio I noticed she used an old Canon A-1 and I was just telling myself, why do I hang on to my old camera's and lens. I guess maybe that has answered my question. Even though things have gone the way of digital, sometimes the old works just as wonderfully and you have a certain degree of control and can experiment. I now know that maybe I shouldn't get rid of those cameras as I may find a new eye for them.

Thanks for sharing.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 7/19/2006, 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We are having a pretty spectacular light show in Tucson right now, but shooting lightning is beyond my capability so I think I'll just sit back and enjoy.
DesertDog

PostPosted: 7/19/2006, 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

RedRoxx44 wrote:
We are having a pretty spectacular light show in Tucson right now, but shooting lightning is beyond my capability so I think I'll just sit back and enjoy.

After seeing many of your photos in the gallery, I'd say you are vastly underestimating yourself. Wink
IGO

PostPosted: 7/19/2006, 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Wandering, I have one really nice dSLR and 5 or 6 35mm film SLR cameras. Because I shoot so much it is a matter of economics that I shoot digital almost strictly but in my heart of hearts, put in equally capable hands, I truly feel that film just plain has a better soul, is warmer than digital.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Daryl

PostPosted: 7/27/2006, 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some photos from Tuesday night's show:

http://www.pbase.com/darylf/image/64154115
http://www.pbase.com/darylf/image/64154116
http://www.pbase.com/darylf/image/64154119

PostPosted: 7/27/2006, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Fun stuff. I did some reading up and I'm posed to try again if only the lightning would show itself again.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: