ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
posting avator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
heather

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 7:50 pm    Post subject: posting avator Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me how to resize my pic to put as an avator? I can't figure it out. Thanks
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you have any photo editiing software, like Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Microsoft Photo Editor? Maybe something that came with your camera? The exact directions vary depending on the software, but the general idea is to open the photo in the software and resize it so that the largest dimension is 100 pixels or less. For example, in Photoshop you go to the Image menu and select "Image Size". You may also need to adjust the quality before you save the file to make sure it's equal to or less than the allowed filesize of roughly 15 kb. Save it as a 'jpg', 'gif' or 'png' file type. Then upload it via your profile page.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also if using photoshop use the "save picture for web" feature, this will compress the file size for you. If you try resizing without using that feature it may exceed the 15kb limit even if it sized properly pixel wise.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

"Save file for web" won't automatically optimize the photo for you, though. It allows you to play with various settings to optimize the photo and do comparisons between various settings and file types. You'll still need to adjust the quality and possibly other settings to get the file size down. You can see the file size change in the preview window as you make the adjustments.
heather

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike I emailed you my pic.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

heather wrote:
Mike I emailed you my pic.

rofl If I remember correctly, that's the way I did it! Chuckle

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
heather

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

LOL. I did try and research this to see if I could do it and noticed that everyone referred to him. Smile
IGO

PostPosted: 7/18/2006, 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know'd a pic was startin' ta get email some place. I could just feel it. Very Happy
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: