ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What do you do when things are closed ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 6:59 pm    Post subject: What do you do when things are closed ? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I started cycling again. Little over 500 miles for the month and 3,000 for the year.
IGO

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't start forest fires and I often prefer walking cross-country so things are never closed.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I drive to somewhere that is open. Nothing can stop me from getting out there and I will drive whatever it takes. Leaving tomorrow for the Manti La-Sal National Forest in Southeastern Utah, hang at around 11000 feet and enjoy a nice cool four days of backpacking glory.

Original plan was the Gila Wilderness, then around Baldy again, then either the Chircahuas, Manti La-Sal in Utah or the San Juans in Colorado.

Options, there are always options Wink

Quote:

don't start forest fires and I often prefer walking cross-country so things are never closed

That's the way I see it IGO, things are never closed Exclamation
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Apache-Sitgreaves is still mostly open. And it has started to rain!
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Going to the hottest place In the US---Death Valley. Will be up high tho---to bag Wildrose and Telescope peaks. IF the Jeep makes it. Could be an interesting trip.
IGO

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Manti La-Sal is wonderful. At elevation, the way Canyonlands opens up to the west is spellbinding. If you get a chance and you want to really disapear, try the north slopes of Mt Wass between Castle Valley and La Sal Pass just east of Moab.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
gpsjoe

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Will be in Rocky Mountain Narional Park, Colorado from 7/8 to 7/15 then Grand Tetons/Yellowstone 7/15 to 7/22 and Sun Valley Idaho 7/22 to 7/29 (this one with AOTC group led by former 29 year Idaho resident). Most hiking is over 10,000 feet with Longs Peak at over 14,000 feet. Some hiking will be in snow.
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I sit here and take my Vicodin for back pain and Skelaxin for back spasms and do the Sun Freakin' City Shuffle to and from the mail box like everybody else in the neighborhood; it's hell reaching middle age! Crying or Very sad
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
desertgirl

PostPosted: 6/29/2006, 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
I sit here and take my Vicodin for back pain and Skelaxin for back spasms and do the Sun Freakin' City Shuffle to and from the mail box like everybody else in the neighborhood; it's hell reaching middle age! Crying or Very sad

Hooli ...you got come out to one of them food fests we have been havin of late.... Very Happy
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/30/2006, 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Get out there an move Hooli! you'll feel better!

I want to shine!
nf1

PostPosted: 6/30/2006, 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Going to the hottest place In the US---Death Valley. Will be up high tho---to bag Wildrose and Telescope peaks. IF the Jeep makes it. Could be an interesting trip.

This will be a great trip, Death Valley high country rocks.

Nick
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 6/30/2006, 6:59 am    Post subject: Golf Dork Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:

Sounds to me like you've been playing too much golf!
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/30/2006, 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Dork Reply to topic Reply with quote

kurthzone wrote:
evenstar wrote:

Sounds to me like you've been playing too much golf!

Nope, haven' t played at all; tried swinging a club in the bzck yard after we takled the other day and porridge near cried from the pain. Can barely walk..../..if it sounds like I'm feeling sorry for my self.....you're right! Embarassed Suddenly have so freaking many health problems don't know which way to turn.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/30/2006, 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Get out there an move Hooli! you'll feel better!

Am gonna go to the gym today and get on the tread mill for a while see if that helps.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/30/2006, 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Take is slow Hooli! Go but don't push your self! If you push to hard things could get worse.... you want to be active but build up to it so you don't hurt your self further, OK?

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: