ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
MVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 8/12/2003, 4:29 pm    Post subject: MVD Reply to topic Reply with quote

Code:
BEGIN RANT:

With apologies to anyone here who might work for MVD, or know someone who does...

MVD SUCKS Exclamation Exclamation

(tell us how you really feel, Mike)

CatValet, you need to get your buds at ADOT to straighten those MVD people out!! After 4 phone calls, and twice as many people, I finally got one with enough intelligence to understand why I was calling, much less answer my questions. The bottom line... we bought a vehicle over 2 months ago, still haven't received the registration, but it's probably the dealer's fault, not MVD. HOWEVER, it should not have taken FOUR calls to finally get that figured out! They were telling me information from MAY on vehicle that we purchased in freakin' JUNE!!! Rolling Eyes

Code:
END RANT;

sam_hikes

PostPosted: 8/12/2003, 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: MVD Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Code:
BEGIN RANT:

CatValet, you need to get your buds at ADOT to straighten those MVD people out!!
Code:
END RANT;

Please not ADOT... Been here since the 60's and don't get me started on ADOT. Eek

Just look at the ADOT mess with the 51 and the never ending I-10 work now between almost Riggs & extending almost to Ray Rd.
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 8/12/2003, 5:19 pm    Post subject: MVD Reply to topic Reply with quote

There, There, now.....it's ok, I'm here.....

In Montana, the Beartooth Wilderness is where they unload the "problem bears" from Yellowstone. MVD is where ADOT puts people who are not intellectually capable of Flagman duty.

Seriously, it is much better than it used to be. They used to make you come in, take a number from the machine and sit in a room with no a/c for about four freakin hours....They have computerized and automated as much as possible in order to eliminate as many positions as possible, what's where the 20 year drivers license thig really came from.

Most MVD middle management people are about pay grade 16-18, which means they are maybe at best making 30k after over ten years seniority. So, I always try to remember that the person you are talking too is on food stamps, scared out of his/her wits about a possible "reduction in force", and worried about whether APS is gonna shut off the power this month. Sad but true....you get what you pay for....

If problem not resolved tomorrow, email me at work and I'll get you the email addy of a real MVD manager with vital signs. Title changes still need a non-machine interface and that's where the glitches are.

PS, we just got extended warranty last week.....
cakewalk

PostPosted: 8/12/2003, 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It took me 2 years to get my registration worked out. I brought my car from ND...

Dont get me started and Thank God for online renewals!
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 8/12/2003, 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OH NO! Randy are they worse then Indiana!!?? Crazy
Right now I'm not an AZ resident since my husband is still working in IN but when I have to switch over soon, will I have more grey hair!!! Eek
I heard my drivers license will be good til 63 years old. Weird!
And that my insurance rates will be really high.
I'm glad I don't have to deal with all this just yet.

Sherileeaz
ck1

PostPosted: 8/12/2003, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike. I feel your pain. And I too could rant about the MVD. (MVD. Why the hell isn't it the DMV, like every other freaking state in the union?) However...as I say to my father-in-law when he gets fired up at gas station attendents..."somebody has to do those jobs"...and god knows I don't want to.

"The Journey is the Destination"
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 8/12/2003, 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's the Motor Vehicle Division of ADOT, not a Department all its own....

Less top mgmt....Remember the cardinal rule, RIF, RIF, RIF...(Reductions in force, or as the bean counters say, reduce the FTEs, Full time Employees)

I'm surprised they haven't privatized MVD yet.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 8/13/2003, 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There was a segment on privitization of MVD in New Jersey on NPR a few days back ....They failed miserably have been brought back into the govt. fold! and they have a PR campaign and name change to boot....new jersey motor vehicle commision!
Daryl

PostPosted: 8/13/2003, 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My biggest gripe with them is the desk people can never type. They sit in front of a computer all day and it takes them 10 minutes to type in my name and address!

At least you can do a lot of stuff on line and through the mail now, thus limiting the trips required.
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/13/2003, 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I do every thing I can on my comuter from home so my biggest gripe about the MVD would have to be the one previusly mentioned by Colin... who ever heard of the MVD! It is the DMV! Always has been and always will be in my mind!

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: