ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Care to go for a rock climb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurtek

PostPosted: 4/24/2006, 8:18 pm    Post subject: Care to go for a rock climb Reply to topic Reply with quote

Check this video out. I think this is called living on the edge.

http://videosift.com/story.php?id=1374
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 4/24/2006, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

R.I.P.
IGO

PostPosted: 4/24/2006, 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I remember the years when I couldn't die.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 4/24/2006, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, he clearly chose the route for it's ability to be scaled like that. Notice the thick chalk marks all along the route - he's practiced that a few times and is obviously familiar with the route.

However, all that being said, that's still pretty freakin' amazing.

Dude has skillz.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 4/24/2006, 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:

Dude has skillz.

had skillz...

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0499/9904terminal.html
IGO

PostPosted: 4/24/2006, 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mike wrote:
Daddee wrote:

Dude has skillz.

had skillz...

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0499/9904terminal.html

had......
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
fritzski

PostPosted: 4/24/2006, 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One of the greatest climbers of his time (80s-90s), he became fatally addicted to adrenalin and died basically bungee jumping hundreds of feet with climbing ropes over a chasm in Yosemite.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 4/25/2006, 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those addictions, they will get ya' every time. I had it pretty bad when I was sky diving. I finally had a really bad landing (I liked to play on the edge too much), bruised my heart (I fell on my altimeter) the next 3 times I tried to get back to the drop zone, something would happen to prevent me from getting there, like a flat tire, a dead battery, and I can 't remember the third thing. I figured, three strikes...if I jump again, I'll make it, but it was likely my last jump. I would ask myself every time that I wanted to get to the drop zone, if my affairs were in order, and was I ready to let go of my boys for someone else to raise. Guess children can do that for an addict.....I went on to rock climb (lots of bruises, scrapes, scratches, ripped finger nails, but nothing broken other than a Nalgene bottle. Yep, I fell on it coming down from a crag) and mountain biking (going over handlebars several times, knee turned into hamburger, sprocket scars across my leg, HAVING to wear a dress everyday for over 2 1/2 weeks because I couldn't get pants on over my scabbed legs). hmm, backpacking and hiking just totally mellow me out! There is that same addiction, less chance of injury and I can even take my boys with me! Mary Hiking
IGO

PostPosted: 4/25/2006, 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Falling off of motorcycles at 100+ mph used to be a regular thing for me. Hiking is safer. hAhaha
DesertDog

PostPosted: 4/25/2006, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
Falling off of motorcycles at 100+ mph used to be a regular thing for me. Hiking is safer. hAhaha

It only took me one fall off a motorcycle (much slower than 100 MPH!) to come to the conclusion that hiking is safer........ Razz
IGO

PostPosted: 4/25/2006, 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I used to race at Green Valley years ago. I was usually prepared for the falls but.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: