ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Morons in the wilderness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Adequate justice would be?
Public service in the manner of trail cleaning.
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Force fed dinner consisting of mule urine soup and mule road biscuits.
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Burry to heads and cover with Copenhagen and Canadian Velvet.
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 6/1/2003, 1:08 pm    Post subject: Morons in the wilderness Reply to topic Reply with quote

Two weeks ago I did a hike with GTG and Hooli to Reavis Ranch via 109 South. It was a great hike except for one thing: the evidence of morons. Right there along the creek a bunch of them camped and made an extreme mess. I Believe GTG and Hooli commented about the mess on another area of this board. The place was a real mess and most of it, including the mule manure and feed, was within ten to fifteen feet of the creek. There were used grills left behind, rope, a bag of feed left tied up and suspended from a tree branch, an empty bag of feed, a bottle of Canadian Velvet whisky, Copenhagen can, paper and cans in the fire rings,
rope and human feces and paper (right next to the creek). This was a disgusting sight to say the least. One thing I think no one mentioned is GTG packed it all up and carried it out (with the exception of the feces). Two backpackers coming out of the area told us they thought the group had shot a deer that morning. Well if they did, it was poaching because there is not a legal season this time of year in this part of the country. Here are some pictures, but they really don't show how ugly the scene really was. Just use your imagination. I really pray that justice would be served to these types.

http://www.arizonahikers.com/kurthzone/Moronic/
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/1/2003, 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This was probably the choice campsite for a large group at Reavis Ranch; easy access to the creek and clear runing water; shade trees; good size logs to sit on and large clearing. Real scary part is that rains may give surface appearance of being a habitable campsite fairly quickly, but it's going to be a long time before all the contaminants are gone.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
overrocked

PostPosted: 6/2/2003, 9:51 am    Post subject: MORONS Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks, GTG for packing it out. I, too pick up stuff that doesn't belong there. I appreciate your help in keeping Reavis cleaner, as it is a hard hike to get there, and a great place to camp. Thanks again.....
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/2/2003, 12:42 pm    Post subject: can't pick just one Reply to topic Reply with quote

Stan, you forgot to include "all of the above" in your poll list, Chin Scratching I just can't decide!!! Confused

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
plummer150

PostPosted: 6/12/2003, 12:30 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Everyone in some point of there life is a moron; deal with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: