ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A Goat Joke (slightly edited)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 5/14/2003, 10:29 pm    Post subject: A Goat Joke (slightly edited) Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG and Mike are hiking through the woods and come across this big, deep hole.

“Wow. . . that sure looks deep!”

“Sure does.....toss a few pebbles in there and see how deep it is.”

They pick up a few pebbles and throw them in and wait....no noise.

“GEE WHIZ! That is REALLY deep....Here.....throw one of these great big stones down there. They should make a noise.”

They pick up a couple of bowling ball sized boulders and toss them in the hole and wait ..... and wait..... Nothing.

They stare at each other in amazement. One gets a determined look on his face and says, “Hey...over in the brush, there’s a railroad tie. Help me carry it to the pit. When we toss THAT sucker in, its GOTTA make some noise.”

The two men drag the heavy tie over to the hole and heave it over the edge.

Not a sound comes from the hole.

Suddenly, out of the nearby woods, a Goat appears, running like a gazelle. It rushes toward the men, then right past them. Whoosh...as fast as it’s legs will carry it. Instantly it leaps in the air and swish, into the hole goes the Goat and still....not a sound.

The two men are simply awestruck with what they have just seen. Then, out of the woods ambles Hooli, advancing toward the men.

“Hey! You fellas happen to see my Goat around here?”

“You bet we did!” GTG bellows, “Darndest thing I ever saw. It came running through here like a bat out of hell and just jumped into this hole!”

“Nah,” says Hooli, “That couldn’t have been MY Goat. My Goat was chained to a railroad tie!”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: