ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Roger's Trough TH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Campgrounds & Road Conditions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 3/19/2005, 8:58 pm    Post subject: Roger's Trough TH Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone know the current condition of the road out to Roger's TH? I tried getting out there a couple weekends ago, but the washs were running too quickly and were really quit deep. Mary
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 3/20/2005, 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought I saw a post last week that said it was recently graded (whatever that means I guess). The last push to the trough was higher clearance only as usual. I can't see torturing a sedan up that last mile or so. Guess it sounds cool...
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 3/20/2005, 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update: The road has been graded and is very nice. That last stretch is definately a 4x4 area. Many trucks were parked below muddy area. This area when it dries out, will be a mess with huge ruts. Yahoo....I made it in and out and had a time of my life driving. Mary
tracker

PostPosted: 10/24/2005, 5:34 am    Post subject: Roger's Trough TH info request Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does anybody here know the condition of the road to Roger's Trough TH? A friend and I will be hiking to Reavis Ranch next weekend.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 10/24/2005, 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

172A is very passable. There are a few washed out spots that make it a little tight. There is a slight bypass to the left going in where you cross the large wash. You'll see the large rocks in the way.

Last trip, someone got a Caddy sedan more than half way up that last 3 mile push before the ruts forced them to pull off.

Good amount of cat claw on the switchbacks, and overgrowth just before the ranch around the muddy spots. Keep your eyes peeled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Campgrounds & Road Conditions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: