ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tri-Cathalon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Orienteering Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
plummer150

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Tri-Cathalon Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, so my one friend and I every year set out on our tri-cathalon outdoors adventure. Here is the trip report for last week when we did it.

We started off early and luckily it was a pretty nice day out of about 35 degrees. We parked our car at about mid-point on Tussy Mountian. We first did our mid-state trail 2.5 mile hike to the dirt road that we had planned on coming to the nite before with our topo map. We then used our compasses and bush whacked to little flat tower which was 5 miles away. Bush whacking can take forever. I would shoot one bearing, find a spot, he would go to the spot, I then would meet him there while he took the next bearing and I would do the same that he just did. After we finally made it to little flat tower, we rode our bikes that we had hid earlier in the morning back to our car which was about 3.5 miles away. A big circle we did I guess. To top everything off that nite, we kicked back some New Castle and watched Easy Rider. One of the greatest movies of all time. Our orienteering tri-cathalon at its finest! What a great day it was.

Not really Arizona related but I thought I write about it to ya'll because I thought it might interest some of you who are into this.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like a cool way to spend the day!

PostPosted: 9/29/2005, 2:32 am    Post subject: Well... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Thats one way but i am not sure if it will work with every option.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/29/2005, 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like you had fun Plummer!

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: