ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Workout Routines?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azhiker96

PostPosted: 9/24/2005, 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lone Star made a Bock around 1991 I think, when I lived in Garland. I thought it was better than Shiner. Unfortunately, I was one of the few who held that opinion. It disappeared from the shelves after a couple of months.
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 9/24/2005, 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I hit the gym about 5/6 mornings a week alternating free weights with the stair machine(not stairclimber) for 30 min, treadmill on incline high for 15, then lower for 20-30; occasionally use elliptical, but the stride is too short for me;feel like Im runnIng over myself! Walk/racewalk/ run up hills nightly at Papago Park for 4-7miles. Do Pilates/ab/corework daily. Had to chill a little with back injury.( FYI. wish me luck, I see surgeon at Barrow's on Monday to see direction I must take.) Sad
DesertDog

PostPosted: 9/24/2005, 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I do 20-30 minutes of yoga every morning, followed by walking the dogdude 20-45 minutes. About 20 minutes on the TotalGym every other day. I hike after work 4-6 times per week 2-3 miles, alternating trails in the Preserves (Piestewa, 1A, Quartz Ridge, etc) during the week, with longer hikes on the weekend. And 2 or 3 sets of 50 crunches 2 or 3 times a week, along with dumbbell shrugs to keep the traps built up for carrying a pack. The crunches help the abs relieve some of the work the back has to do, and the shrugs really make a difference in supceptability to pain and fatigue on a long day on the trail or a heavy pack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: