ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Schnebly Hill and Woody Mtn Rd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 4/14/2003, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Schnebly Hill and Woody Mtn Rd Reply to topic Reply with quote

When I was in Sedona a few months ago I was going to go up Schnebly Hill. I was told by a gas station attendant that the road was closed a way up by the logging company. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, I was going through some old Arizona Highways and found an article about the drive on Woody Mtn Road. It sounded charming but I was wondering, if Schnebly Hill is closed due to logging that possibly Woody Mtn is also. Anyone have any info? Any ideas how I can find out?
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 4/15/2003, 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I cannot imagine that Woody Mountain Rd would be closed. It is a fairly popular area, being that there is all sorts of hiking and camping along with the lookout tower at the end of the road. I was there about 2 years ago.
Schnebly Hill and Woody Mountain are totally on seperate ends of the woods. There is no way that a logging company could own both roads.
Thats a bummer that Schnebly Hill is closed. Thats a really neat way of getting into Sedona.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: