ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
GPS and TOPO software
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
gps_hiker

PostPosted: 3/5/2003, 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Figured out you gotta created a bookmark via notes function to get TOPO to work the same as b/4. ( must do for every map )

Can't find a list of enhancements & fixes so I'm not sure upgrade will be worth the pain for some people Question

gps_hiker wrote:
Upgrade looks interesting but now I get a map of the midwest each time I launch TOPO for AZ which is a pain Mad

Any ideas on a fix for this Question
bzachar wrote:
Ver 3.3.0 of NG TOPO! is available on their website. Rather than double-post all the details I'll just refer you to my post on the subject on HAZ under Gear & Food->GPS Software.

Bill
bzachar

PostPosted: 3/5/2003, 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One option is to move the cursor to the United States overview map (in the upper right corner) and move the selection window to Arizona.

Another option: You can also run the "old version+ 1" of TOPO. The old version was 2.7.5. When you install ver 3.3.0, it also installs version 2.7.6, called topo2.exe. It's in the same directory as topo.exe.

Bill

[quote="gps_hiker"]Figured out you gotta created a bookmark via notes function to get TOPO to work the same as b/4. ( must do for every map )

Can't find a list of enhancements & fixes so I'm not sure upgrade will be worth the pain for some people :?:

[quote="gps_hiker"]Upgrade looks interesting but now I get a map of the midwest each time I launch TOPO for AZ which is a pain :x

Any ideas on a fix for this :?:
[/quote][/quote]
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 3/29/2003, 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Garmin came out with a new GPS called Gecko, any one have one yet and where can you get one in the Phx. metro area. I have a etrex basic and just wanted to check out the new model.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 3/29/2003, 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wide World of Maps and REI both sell them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: