ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Books, more books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 1/28/2005, 6:22 pm    Post subject: Books, more books Reply to topic Reply with quote

Feeling a bit under the weather today -- so got better by reading the Falcon Guide on the Gila Wilderness in New Mexico. It is a backpackers' paradise. Lots of short to long loops 25 miles to almost 60 milers, that one covering the forks of the Gila River. Some pretty good loops. Looks like some of my vacation time to Utah may be challenged soon.

The 60 miler is a 7-10 day with more that 100 river crossings, ruins, alcoves, hot springs, etc. Maybe I should just take a leave of absence----
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 1/28/2005, 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would love to take a leave of absence! That sounds like a very nice area. Mary
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 1/28/2005, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I want to get into the Gila wilderness more as well. I did get some time in today SW of Page. Fantastic deserts right now. If you see something you really like Letty I would be interested. I need more time as well Mary.
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 1/28/2005, 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BoyNhisDog wrote:
I want to get into the Gila wilderness more as well. I did get some time in today SW of Page. Fantastic deserts right now. If you see something you really like Letty I would be interested. I need more time as well Mary.
An incredible place! It's on my list.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 1/28/2005, 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've done quite a number of hikes in the Gila. Supurb place, unbeleivable distances, very few people. Elk central...., now wolves too.

All time favorite high country hike was in the Pecos Wilderness NE of Santa Fe. 12k elevation, lakes, trout and the mother of all black bears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: