ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Suggestions for a Book Gallery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 9/20/2004, 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was also thinking it might be nice to have them listed by category as well as an alphabetical listing (where you could just click on A, B, etc). Good suggestions for categories and I agree with RedRoxx on the short blurb reviews...
source is good too, maybe who ever posts the listing could mention it.
Thx everyone, I look forward to the gallery!
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 10/24/2004, 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What happened to this idea? Did I miss something (else)?
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 10/24/2004, 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks sredfield for bringing it back up, I had kind of been waiting myself...maybe we will hear something now that the subject has been opened again. I know there will be alot of feedback from everyone and it would be a great info source for all of us!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/24/2004, 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion -- Instead of doing something different--We could just start a category for books And Each new book can be posted with a short write up of what it covers -- May be we could brainstorm some key information we would like to see with a book posting.

Moderators - we can get a few assigned can keep threads from going offtopic -- I feel we should allow free discussion directly related to the book -- all other posts to be moved toa catchall for discussions. My personal opinini is that this thread should be actively moderated so that it stays short and relevant.

What do you all think ?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 10/24/2004, 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sredfield wrote:
What happened to this idea? Did I miss something (else)?
A 2 month old named Elijah...
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 10/25/2004, 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is an excellent suggestion. I've been reading a lot about the history of the Superstitions lately and would also like to see that "history" catagory added, as sredfield and others had mentioned.

For those of you that are interested in finding out of print publications... last week, while looking for some books mentioned on the Apache Junction Library's Superstition Mountain Bibliography, I came across a website, www.bookfinder.com. I was amazed at how many obscure titles, even locally published works, that I could find! (A word of caution... If you type in www.bookfinders.com, you'll get a completely different type of return!! Embarassed )

Ken
oriole_scott

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like the books thread died again. How about this for a proposal that wouldn't require any modifications to the site: anyone can post a book review/suggestion as a new thread under the "Photos, Literature, etc." section, and each thread would start with the title "BOOK REVIEW: Name of Book by Name of Author (genre)" so it would be easy to pick out the reviews.

Example: BOOK REVIEW: Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey (nature)

Besides not needing to change the site, this would also make searching for reviews really easy.

The content would be up to whoever is posting - a one sentence blurb or a multi-page review. And then there would be space for other people to reply and discuss the book further.

Any thoughts?
Andy

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:

Moderators - we can get a few assigned can keep threads from going offtopic -- I feel we should allow free discussion directly related to the book -- all other posts to be moved toa catchall for discussions. My personal opinini is that this thread should be actively moderated so that it stays short and relevant.

What do you all think ?

You mean Murderators? I don't really like the idea of someone else doing that for me!

http://community.webshots.com/album/136917818udlQWZ
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Scott, that sounds like a really good idea and it would make Mikes life a lot easier since he won't have to make any modifications. I am reading a book right now but it has already been discussed on here. As was the other one I read before this.... so I am not sure I am gonna be much help getting this thing started.

Any one read a good book lately that they can post about to make an initial book review post?

I want to shine!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As an alternative to the "Photos, Literature, etc." forum. What if I add a category under "Articles" for book reviews? This would keep them all in one place, and still allows for comments.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool!

I want to shine!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Done!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great idea Mike! Ok

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: