ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Touching the Void
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/23/2004, 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great movie. I was practically convinced I was watching it happen right in front of my eyes for the first time! Even though I knew how it would turn out in the end I too was at the edge of my seat the whole time. I could almost feel Joe's pain!

As for dinner, if anyone likes seafood, do try the sea bass at PF Changs you won't regret it! I did my best to redirect the attention to Suz and off of me but she was not having it! There for a bit I thought I may never be able to breath again I was laughing so hard.... Thank God I can laugh at myself or in this crowd I would be in big trouble!

Thanks everyone for a great time! Tom thany you especially for the passes. Made ordering that $17.00 piece of sea bass a little easier thats for sure!!!!

I want to shine!
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was in California when you all saw the film; rented it and watched it tonight and what an amazing story/feat! Suggest you rent it as well, 'cause the bonus features, "The Making of....." Return to Siula Grande" and "What Happened Next" add tremendously to the film.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah I bought it this week too. Great story, like Hooli said you need to watch the extras.
ck1

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of the extras for that movie, but it makes sense that they'd be worth it to purchase the dvd...

"The Journey is the Destination"
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One of those few cases where the movie is as good as the book. The books definitely worth reading, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: