ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Attn Photoshoppie, artsie types.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
cakewalk

PostPosted: 5/23/2004, 12:58 am    Post subject: Attn Photoshoppie, artsie types..... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Was looking for a little assistance.....

Everybody already knows that i dont do color very well.....

Ive decided to upgrade the look of my website

Old site can be found Here . Ive decided to dump the java menu and go for a more profressional look.

The new design is Here

The problem is, I like my banner with the Cakewalk's place scrolled out. I dont even know what font that is. Anyways, I guess I need a new banner and it has to fit in the same space ( on the new design ) where it has the name on the left hand side.

If any of you clever types out there have a few minutes, I would appreciate any effort. You will get no pay, no parade, but I will give you a shout out and credit on the front page and a thank you for your assistance!
grrlscout

PostPosted: 5/23/2004, 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No prob. What dimensions (in px) do you need? Do you want it in teal, like you have there?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cakewalk

PostPosted: 5/23/2004, 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It has to fit within an rectangle area of 314 X 98

I give you license to choose a matching color.....

Thank you in advance
grrlscout

PostPosted: 5/23/2004, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

K, tis done!

I just picked a cool font. It's not exactly like what you had before. If you don't like it, I have about 100 more to choose from. Very Happy

I couldn't figure out how to get it to you, so you can just right-click it offa here:

http://www.highskydesign.com/images/cakewalks.gif

Also, the white matte is a bit larger than I'd like it, but I'm still getting used to Photoshop CS. If it bugs ya, I can probably fix it at work, where I have PS7. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cakewalk

PostPosted: 5/23/2004, 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey! Not bad..... Tell ya what.

Here is a template you can use - it is the exact size and has the background on it, All you will need to do is overlay the Font.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~cakewalk1/cakewalk/template.GIF

Im not real fond of the one you used however.... I wish I could remember what font that was that I used..... actually I used a banner making webste.

If you can get close the original font - that would be great.... Im going to try to identify it....

Thanks again

Bill
grrlscout

PostPosted: 5/23/2004, 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

K, I think that font is called calligraphy or manuscript, neither of which I have. I re-did it in a more scripty one, with the background you have. It's in the same place.
cakewalk

PostPosted: 5/25/2004, 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks grrlscout.....

Do you have a neater looking calli font? I do like the shadow effect too!
grrlscout

PostPosted: 5/28/2004, 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

okee dokee. mayhaps one of these 3 will work for ya:

http://www.highskydesign.com/cakewalk/cakewalks1.gif
http://www.highskydesign.com/cakewalk/cakewalks2.gif
http://www.highskydesign.com/cakewalk/cakewalks3.gif
cakewalk

PostPosted: 6/3/2004, 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grrlscout:

Yup... I like all 3 of them - Havent decided which one Im gonna use yet

Thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: