ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Let's do Kendrick!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(6) (0) (2)
User
Hikngrl
paintninaz
beckett
GTG
Trishness
tibber
User
User
Hnak
threedogz
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 6/2/2012, 8:53 pm    Post subject: Let's do Kendrick!!!! Reply with quote

Todd and I are taking the girls up north for the weekend of June 22-24th to camp and play in the woods! Looking forward to it and it would be so much more fun if some of you wanted to join us! Hikin' up the mountian on Saturday. Hangin' around Friday.....

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 6/24/2012, 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow....what a terrific weekend! Thanks Todd and Diane for putting this together. It was like a "reunion" and maybe we should plan to do this every couple of months.

I'm sold on the hucktinis and can't wait for the huckaritas.

The camp spot was excellent, the hike was MOST excellent (even though I was one of the 9 who turned around just before the saddle), the food was beyond excellent and the company was stellar! A campfire would have been an added plus but we did OK without one.

Great to see everyone and meet Heidi's friend, Elisa (not sure how she spells it)

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
chihiggs

PostPosted: 6/25/2012, 7:33 am    Post subject: Hike Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sure was a good weekend; thankfully we didn't need the traps Very Happy

Thanks for putting this together Diane/Todd and it was really good to see some new and old acquaintances.

I am still trying to think up some ideas for the 10th Anniversary.
tibber

PostPosted: 6/25/2012, 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thx for putting this together. You never fail to amaze me with how much fun you all have and the food, well what can I say! Thx for sharing your food with me. Just loved the tomatoes and computers and Trish's corn salad. Oh, and I always like trying Todd's new concoctions.

I'm glad I have some new huckleberry converts Razz . The next event will feature Huckaritas for sure.

It was good to see Hank and Mike again and to meet Heidi and Aelisa.

Here is my trip log and photos from the weekend as it appears the Gallery doesn't work: http://hikearizona.com/photoset.php?ID=20561

Thx for letting me get in a good training hike before my Glacier Park trip. Kendrick was the perfect hike for that except that my quads are killing me. And I have to go up and down stairs at home so it was a bit trying.

Diane had mentioned she didn't recall seeing the Hart Prarie videos I put together so here are the links to the arizonahikers.com at Hart Prairie 2010 videos:
http://youtu.be/P3Ku_SEMvLk and this part features Diane with her triumphant throw onto the truck: http://youtu.be/Ry3c_7H6as8
We sure timed that work weekend perfectly as the photos and videos from then were just wonderful. I look forward to our work weekend this year.

Thx again everyone, it was a great GHOTM weekend. Here is the video of our camping and our hiking and my hike and our camping: http://youtu.be/B9TLA8qh9ko

Angela
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/27/2012, 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice Tibber, took a lookie loo at your Tibber Productions (I like that) moving pitures.
Forgot to mention the butterfles the firs time I posted. those were realy cool looking, wings flapping and all. Nice shot
It was a nice weekend away away from the heat and you all did get that nice campspot. The girls look like they are calmer and more adjusted to outdoors on this trip. They are getting the hang of it ! Ok
And the frisbee toss was a good way to tire them some to allow you to sit and relax.

Don't remember seeing the Hart Prairie ones either, that was nice. Didn't think I was there that trip but I guess I was (you caught me loafing eek!)
But it is pretty up there and an excuse to breathe it all in

Thanks for sharing

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
tibber

PostPosted: 6/29/2012, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thx Michelle and You're Welcome. Hopefully we'll see you next time.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 7/8/2012, 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just watched the Hart Prarie video! Thank you so much for posting it! I shared it on my facebook I hope you don't mind! OH how I miss that place! Can't wiat to go back!

I want to shine!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 7/17/2012, 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When are we going back to Hart Prairie ? Want to pencil it in so I can go this year ...
chihiggs

PostPosted: 8/13/2016, 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey--if anyone is up in this neighborhood, we will be here in a couple of hours. Meteor shower should still be decent tonight...

Have kids and dogs with me---just a friendly heads-up. Smile
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/20/2016, 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That sounds really wonderful...Sorry I can't join y'all, Would have loved to view the meteor showers.

Have a really great time and enjoy !!

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: