ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Grand Canyon North Rim to South Rim Hike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
rimtorimaz

PostPosted: 3/15/2013, 2:39 pm    Post subject: Grand Canyon North Rim to South Rim Hike Reply to topic Reply with quote

We are doing a Grand Canyon North Rim to South Rim hike on June 1st, 2013. We have chartered 2 buses and will be leaving from Goodyear on May 31st. We have enough room reservations for the buses in Jacob's Lake for that night. We will be leaving Jacob's Lake at 5:00 am on June 1st and should get to the North Kaibab trail head by 6:00 am. The buses are driving around to meet us on the other side. We have room reservations on the South Rim for the night of the 1st. The buses will bring us back to Goodyear on the 2nd.

We did the trip last year and had so much fun we decided to do it again. We currently have 77 people signed up and have room for 19 more people. The cost for the trip is $175 which covers your bus fee from Goodyear, Grand Canyon entrance fee and we give everyone a cool tech t-shirt. You will need to cover your hotel rooms on both sides but we have the reservations. If you do it as a couple or friends, you can split the hotel costs. If you are interested in joining us or have any questions, please email me at rimtorimaz@gmail.com or you can call my cell phone at 623-451-8714.

I know a lot of people want to do the rim to rim hike but the logistics become a hassle. We have taken all the planning out of the trip, now all you have to do is do the hike.

Mike Stephens
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 3/17/2013, 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow! Awesome opportunity if you can take the heat! Have a great time but please be safe!

I want to shine!
rimtorimaz

PostPosted: 3/17/2013, 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks. It will be a little warm on the bottom but it will be 30-45 degrees on the top when we start. We are going 2 weeks after the north rim opens for the season and that is the only weekend we could get a block of rooms. We did it last year and it was a ton of fun.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 3/18/2013, 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Rim to rims are so much fun! Love to get a report afterwards! Maybe by next year I will be ready to go again! Collin and Tony! Tracy!

I want to shine!
rimtorimaz

PostPosted: 3/18/2013, 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl, well keep working at it.

We are already planning next year's trip. It will be hiking it May 17th. We also have reservations right on the North Rim at the Grand Canyon Lodge on May 16th so we are excited about that as they are so hard to get. If you are interested, send me your email address to rimtorimaz@gmail.com and I will put you on our distribution list for next year. Thanks.
rimtorimaz

PostPosted: 4/4/2013, 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We now are at 86 hikers and have room for only 10 more. If you are interested in joining us email me at rimtorimaz@gmail.com . Thanks.
ScottC

PostPosted: 5/3/2013, 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm planning an R2R day hike with my brother-in-law in early October. This will be our first time.

Could some of you veterans out there give some advice on whether or not to use trekking poles?

Any other pointers would also be appreciated.
Thanks
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 5/3/2013, 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's a personal choice but it is my observation that most long distance hikers use poles. Helps with balance and weight on the knees, and keeps my hands from swelling.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 5/24/2013, 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make sure you also have snacks with you!! Take a break at Indian Gardens. There is a nice "pond" area to soak your feet in!
rimtorimaz

PostPosted: 5/25/2013, 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We have a website now that shows all the upcoming hikers that we are planning. Check out:

www.rimtorimadventures.com

Or "Like" us on Facebook for current updates www.facebook.com/RimToRimAdventures
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 6/26/2013, 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2013/06/grand_canyon_guides_duane_hage.php
kurtrr

PostPosted: 7/31/2013, 9:23 pm    Post subject: rim to rim Reply to topic Reply with quote

we are doing south to north rim 10/6/13 and looking for hikers going the opposite direction (north to south rim) on the same day to do a car swap. Would you be going that day? interested? thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: