ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Hieroglyphics Trail 3-23-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(5)
User
Hikngrl
beckett
GTG
Trishness
desertgirl
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 3/9/2013, 8:00 am    Post subject: Hieroglyphics Trail 3-23-13 Reply with quote

Not the official GHOTM but this girl needs to hike, so I am planning a fun day in the Supes on..... http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=61 !!!! I haven't done it in years but I remmeber it to be way fun! When I did it with Gabrielle and Joe and friends we went all the way to the top in the canyon. That of course was my favorite part. I believe it will also be Lucy's favorite part as well but I am pretty sure Ruby won't love me when we are done if we go to the top. I am thereby leaving it open as to weather or not we do! You are all welcome to join us if you please! Shall we discuss TH time? Multi Let's Hike!!!! Hiking

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 3/23/2013, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What a great day! We shared the first part of the hike with 5000 scouts of many levels. It was fun watching the scouts and their leaders crawl all over the rocks. Some tried with all their might to avoid getting wet. Some just got right in to put their filtering straws into the water to drink from it. Once past the pools we had the trail basically to our selves so we could let the girls off leash. This is the part of the hike I was looking forward to the most because I knew the girls would love it and love it they did! They climbed and jumped boulder to boulder. They scampered right up some rocks I wasn't expecting them to. They were having a great time and the weather was perfect with a cool breeze and plenty of wonderful AZ sun.

Ambika brought her Daddy. It was so nice to see them again! Ambika and I did some planning for an April GHOTM (details up coming!). Since her Daddy is no longer busy like he is 40 but instead busy like he is 80 they decided to turn around when the trail started getting a little more challenging. He hiked like the best of us to that point and kept urging Ambika to keep going (poor Ambika has a cold and wanted to get back to hang with her Mommy). So after our discussion of the upcoming GHOTM they turned around and headed back down.

John (Nighthiker) joined us since we were in his neighborhood but had to leave early as he had a bike ride to attend. It was fun to see him! It has been too long John! Hope you had fun on your ride!

Linda car pooled with us from the west valley so was stuck boulder hoping with the girls and exploring the canyon. It was such a perfect day for said activity! It is only March and Linda has made two GHOTM so far! Yay Linda!!! After the hike since we had the girls we couldn't find a place to stop for eats so we drove back over to the west valley and dropped the girls off at home for a well deserved nap and we went over to the Blue Burger at Park West and had a yummy late lunch.

Thanks everyone for coming out! It was a fabulous day with fabulous friends! Lets do it again soon!!!! Since most who frequent this site are friends on my FB I posted pictures there. Some day soon maybe we will have ur gallery back! nudge nudge! Laughing

I want to shine!
beckett

PostPosted: 3/23/2013, 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you so much for putting this together. What a wonderful day ... the weather was perfect! The company was wonderful! Looking forward to the next hike already!

Thanks to Diane and Todd (and the girls) for letting me car pool with them.

Great day!

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
desertgirl

PostPosted: 3/25/2013, 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great day out in Supes with some awesome friends -- It was good to get out & hike. Dad had a wonderful time as well ... Lucy & Ruby were fun and very very adorable! Finally I was able to catch up with Diane ( & we talk about the canyon Smile ), Todd, John & Linda.

On the way back, we ( Dad & I) explore some flowers and bonded with some thorns and made it back to TH without any damage! It was fun day out in the Supes!

Thanks Diane for posting this one -- It was just what I needed to drag myself out Wink

Trish -- We missed ya ...Hope to catch up with you soon.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 3/28/2013, 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like you all had a Great time. The weather was better than you anticipated in the beginning. Glad you all were able to get out and enjoy

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
desertgirl

PostPosted: 4/13/2013, 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

More photos: http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albus09&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: