ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mt Humphreys around March 29th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
casserly79

PostPosted: 2/22/2013, 2:44 pm    Post subject: Mt Humphreys around March 29th Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello.

I am a hiker from out of state (CA) and I was wondering what people would expect the conditions to be for a climb up Mt Humphreys at the end of March. I have previous snowclimbing experience however I am not familiar with the mountains in Arizona. Are there any good trip reports with a lot of pictures that show a good route through the snow? Will I need any extra snow gear besides an ice axe and snowshoes? Does anyone know a good place to rent snowshoes near Flagstaff?

Most importantly, would anyone be interested in joining?

I would plan this as a day hike and I prefer to pack light.

Thanks for your help!
cmarf86

PostPosted: 2/22/2013, 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi there!

The best deal in town I've seen so far for snowshoe rentals is from Peace Surplus for $9.99. They're located just downtown across from the train station on Route 66. I haven't personally climbed up Humphries but I've heard it's intense. Be sure to take plenty of warm clothes and dress in layers and have lots of water and snacks on hand!!

Happy hiking!!

Chris

Always.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: