ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A little music for your enjoyment...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 10/28/2007, 3:43 pm    Post subject: A little music for your enjoyment... Reply to topic Reply with quote

My daughter Kelly (9) had a piano recital today. Some of you met her back in August while we were out vacationing in AZ. Anyway... just thought I'd post a link for anyone that might want to hear her play.

She had a little trouble about 3/4 of the way through her first piece (Sonatina in G - 2nd movement). That Beethoven can be tough! The recital had a Halloween theme, so she played ''Sreamin' Cat Boogie" for her 2nd piece.

Here's the link:

Enjoy...
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 10/28/2007, 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very nice, Ken! Thank you so much for sharing.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
threedogz

PostPosted: 10/28/2007, 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Your daughter has lots of talent. I love the piano. It takes a lot of devotion and talent to play the piano.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 10/28/2007, 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congratulations! Talent in the family!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 10/29/2007, 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice Ken,
Tell Kelly she did an excellent job. Not only with a hard piece to play but the excitement and nervousness of playing in front of an audience. She did Great !!! I've always wanted to play 3 musical instruments and the piano was one of them. Always enjoy hearing it. Never had the opportunity to learn. Thought about it after I moved here, Never too late to learn !! Even went so far as to consider getting one of those piano keyboards (no room for a real piano). Maybe one day I'll pursue my desire.
Thanks for sharing.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Tommy

PostPosted: 10/29/2007, 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kelly is quite the performer. Very impressive!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 10/29/2007, 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cute Talent!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/29/2007, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow Kelly! You are very good! You must practice so very hard! Keep up the good work!

I want to shine!
IGO

PostPosted: 10/29/2007, 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wonderful talent and such a proper yound lady. I hope she stays with it 'cause she has the talent.
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 2/16/2013, 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's been a few years since I've shared a video of my daughter Kelly (15) playing at a recital, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread. My son Brian (13) also plays and they have teamed up to play a duet. What makes this even more special is that the song was written to celebrate a place that's near and dear to our hearts. It's called "Majestic Grand Canyon".

I filmed them doing a warm-up prior to the recital and have provided the link to that also, since the recital hall was somewhat dark and I was in the back so the clarity of picture and sound isn't as good.

First, the recital,

and then the warm-up

Enjoy...
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 2/17/2013, 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My Goodness Ken, that was beautiful. You should be very Proud !

Just blew me away how much they've grown !! Last time I saw them at the restaurant they were much younger.... Wow 15 Already ???

Thanks for sharing with us

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/19/2013, 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow Ken! They are fabulous! You must be very proud! Applause

I want to shine!
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 2/20/2013, 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Diane. It's fun to watch the older videos of their performances and see how they've progressed over the years.

Brian also plays the saxophone at school. He's now first chair and last year the band took first place for their division (7th grade) and 3rd place overall (7th, 8th & 9th grades) at last year's competition in Hershey, PA.

OK... done with the "proud father" stuff!!!! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: