ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
horrible service at the hiking shack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunter

PostPosted: 1/30/2013, 9:25 am    Post subject: horrible service at the hiking shack Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have been coming to this store for a few years now.I have always enjoyed the store and the staff there except this time.I went in to buy a new tent and it was a toss up between that 4 season bivy sac or a light weight tent after about an hour in the store i decided on the bivy. they really talked it up so i was excited to test it in the rain that day. i went out to my backyard and climbed in and sat in it for about 15 minutes and after i zipped it up i realized i'm claustrophobic. I called the same day and asked if i could return and get the tent i was looking at. they told me yes. Two days later i came in and they told me i could not return it but they would give me $100 for the $338 bivy .I then asked to speak to the manager and was left up front for over a half a hour waiting . I finally decided to go in the back to see what was taking the manager so long he was on the phone so i waited and waited. when he finally called me into his office his customer service skills were nowhere to be seen he treated me like i was some kind of criminal. He was very agitated and after the long wait and the way he was speaking to me i also got agitated. Then he got up and threw me out of the store and making a scene in front of customers like i was a criminal . This kind of service is not exceptable and after i spend easily over $1000 in his store and choose to drive over 45 miles just to go to his store.You sir do not deserve to be in business!!!!!!
Evil or Very Mad
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/7/2013, 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am sorry that happened to you. I wonder if by some chance the man you spoke to was having an exceptionally bad day and over reacted. Some times people are going through something that we don't know about which can make them act differently than they ordinarily would....don't now.... just sayin'.... Call me an eternal optomist....

I want to shine!
Thunter

PostPosted: 2/19/2013, 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought that too .I emailed them twice and never received an email back. So with no follow up i had to consider him to be just a horrible business man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: