ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Clear Creek (Grand Canyon) Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yana

PostPosted: 2/11/2013, 9:28 am    Post subject: Clear Creek (Grand Canyon) Questions Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am planning a backpacking trip in the Grand Canyon for the beginning of April. We will be spending two nights at Clear Creek. I've looked at all the NPS info as well as some google searching but still have a couple of questions. I also could not find the relevant info searching this forum, so apologies if this has been discussed before and I missed it.

1. Are there food storage boxes at Clear Creek? I found a trip report that said yes but the NPS info says to bring your own.

2. We have a four person tent and I'm a little worried that we may not find a site with a big enough flat spot for it at Clear Creek. Thoughts?

I'm an experienced backpacker but have only modest experience in the Grand Canyon (dayhikes, trips to Phantom Ranch, and a five day backpacking trip in Havasu canyon) so any site-specific tips would be greatly appreciated!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 2/12/2013, 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You should have adequate space to pitch a 4 person tent.

Food storage boxes: Used to have them there but I know the park services pulled a number of these boxes from the different backcountry sites due to abuse (leaving trash in the box). Not sure what the status on the "boxes" in Clear Creek is.

YOu could try the yahoo group that has a lot of active Grandcanyon hikers -- those folks are usually in the know of the latest updates ...some of the park rangers also lurk there ...
Yana

PostPosted: 2/12/2013, 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you, desertgirl!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: