ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Update on my injury progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 12/2/2012, 2:47 pm    Post subject: Update on my injury progress Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi all,
Hardest thing I have ever done. It will be 7 mos on Dec 9th, since accident and surgery. Back at work, but have lost almost 2/3 clientele and may quit the salon Going to the gym at least 6 x a wk to do different forms of cardio and rehab; trying to regain balance and strength and sure footedness. I did return to Papago and do some hiking, but was too terrified to cross the creek @ West Fork,,,kinda froze there, so afraid to slip! Steps are still difficult, and trying to get my brain to retrain my leg now that is has a big chunk of titanium in it and not sure what to do with that. It's called a Stryker Gamma Nail short btw. I am told I am the poster child for most rapid healing of this devastating injury. Maybe I'll get some royalties!! I hope I continue on the healing path and may be able to hike again with confidence . Onward! Smile
oliverr99

PostPosted: 12/5/2012, 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are on your way to recovery!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/5/2012, 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Geez Georg...glad you are coming along OK and on the road to recovery. I'm back in Ortho recently and we deal with Stryker products all the time. Sounds like you had multiple fractures Sad for them to put a Gamma nail in.

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 12/6/2012, 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yup, Trish. Pretty scarey thing I did! Shocked Sent u pm.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 12/14/2012, 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Best wishes on continued path to recovery!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: