ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fossil Springs Trail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
chihiggs

PostPosted: 7/20/2012, 10:45 am    Post subject: Fossil Springs Trail Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just went back down to Fossil Springs via the upper TH. Forrest road 708 is closed just beyond the turn off for the TH. What this means is that one can not just drive up to the creek to swimming until Spring 2013. The area is cleaner than it was when I was last there; roughly 2004 or 05. The first swim hole with the rope swing has been filed in a great deal by sediments making it somewhat shallow. At the site for the decommissioned dam, the water no pours over the entire top; cascading down into that hole with the swim through underwater opening out into the main body of the creek. The place is still beautiful. There is a rope with loops tied in it to help get out of the water west of the dam...

Great day!! Laughing

Ps. The FR 708 has been tarred over for a mile or so more.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 7/20/2012, 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You know I heard it was back open but different. Now just gotta find a way to get myself there ! Someplace I've wanted to go but haven't been able to get there when the hikes were set up and posted... Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the update and post. Sounds like you had a real nice time Yes

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
chihiggs

PostPosted: 7/22/2012, 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah--it's one of those places I could again and again. It's a 4 mile hike down so 8 mile round trip but it has a nice grade and the trail is easy to follow and walk as there are not really any big drops. So it is not actually all that hard if you just put yourself on a comfortable place and plan your exit in the evening as it cools.... Very Happy
PineHiker

PostPosted: 8/6/2012, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can drive to the lower waterfalls but only from the Camp Verde side of Fossil Creek road. The road down from Strawberry will be closed indefinitely until there is funding to repair the road. The upper trail head near Strawberry is open.
Jackbite

PostPosted: 10/8/2012, 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The agency drink from Nevus instrument be shut indefinitely until there is backing to fixing the traveling. The stimulant pursue noises nearest Nevus is artless.
So it is not actually all that adamant if you virtuous put yourself on a homelike station and counseling your opening in the evening as it cool.
writeronthestorm

PostPosted: 10/17/2012, 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just returned from a backpacking trip there a couple weeks ago. I just moved to the area so it was my first time down there. Anyway, I wrote about the trip in my blog. It was pretty exciting.

http://www.writerinthewild.com/2012/10/javelina-hoedown.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: