ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
West Clear Creek! Aug 17th, 18th and 19th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(3) (3) (0)
User
Hikngrl
GTG
wanderingsoul
User
Hnak
beckett
KFarm
User
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 8/7/2012, 6:01 pm    Post subject: West Clear Creek! Aug 17th, 18th and 19th Reply with quote

OK, Hnak was going to put this up but he may run into a snag that will not allow him to make it so I am putting it up as his proxy just in case.

We are planning on driving up after work Friday evening so we can get to hiking Saturday morning. Planning on staying in one of our usual spots (hopefully the big one close to the trail head!) Todd will post those details later. If anyone can take the whole of Friday off and wants to go up and save spots that would be groovy! We have been doing dinner individually and having shared appetizers prior to dinner and that has worked out quite nicely so that is what we will do this time as well.

Again, we will be taking the girls to play in the water so you have been fore warned. They are pretty well behaved but do require watching but we never expect anyone else to watch them for us. They are great entertainment When they are out there in the wilderness!

Bring floaties if you would like in case we run into any deep areas. Last time we were there at that camp site we did not but ya never know. Plan for lots of water play! Be prepared for rain. The AZH Corp of Engineers has had some pretty good experience in this area already this year so if it rains we will swing into action again.

Hope you can join us! It should be fun! Yep, it's a swimmer!

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tracy. Couldn't you just come up for camp? Or do you have plans with Heather for wedding prep? Also Kerim, I forgot to mention that you should wear shoes you don't mind getting wet and muddy cause they WILL get wet and muddy! Yep, it's a swimmer! Hiking

I want to shine!
kerim

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG, yes, I have your mobile. If any I'll call.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll call you as we get closer to being ready.

kerim wrote:
GTG, yes, I have your mobile. If any I'll call.

GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

KFarm - as we discussed on the phone, yep, yep, yep. See you up there hopefully.

GTG

KFarm wrote:
Goob... Well that's funny. I came to the site to see if I could find these directions as I was thinking of taking the girls up this weekend. Last year we tried but there was still snow. Low and behold you'll be up there. Might just have to stop up there so you can show me the ropes of the area and the trail. If I do, I will be bringing my brother outlaw, four kids, and a dog for Sat/Sun. If that is ok?

wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

looks like its still on...cool Taking my opportunities when I get the chance
I've got my tarp in jeep with some rope and getting packed now.

Will look and see what wood I have left and bring some of that furniture took an axe to Laughing

sorry you won't be coming Trish and Tracy, despite rain it would still have been fun and nice to see you. Nice to see a few more are heading in, will be nice to see you kerim and your wife (you should have a good time, another pretty place) and meet you KFarm.

Ok better get here and get the rest of my packing done. Gear is so disorganized these days, takes me a while to find what I need so I don't forget something. ugh!

Take it easy and be careful going up, roads look busy

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
paintninaz

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Tracy. Couldn't you just come up for camp? Or do you have plans with Heather for wedding prep?

Actually, my kids are out camping for the weekend!! irked

fingers crossed Next time....

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/19/2012, 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We missed you all but had a fun weekend. There was one casualty of the hike. Kfarm's nephew had just gotten down to the creek when he split his knee oPen and required stitches in the Payson ER. He was very brave and strong as he hiked all the way back up the hill to go get those stitches.

We camped in a new spot which turned out perfectly since we had three dogs along and the new spot gave us plenty of room and no close by neighbors. Our new site was of course dubbed camp Stitches and Matt the elected camp host was dubbed Gash! Matt will have plenty of stories to tell of the weekend!
We had our fair share of rain but camp was set up so we all stayed dry. We had a nice fire Sat evening and since there were kids present I was able to break out the S'more ingredients and had some one to eat them with! We of course made them with Nutella! Ummmm... The rain and dark clouds did prompt us to hIke back up the hill sooner than we wanted to but always better safe than washed away!
Where shall we go next?

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/19/2012, 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just got back to the Oven. Made a pit stop in Payson for some Lunch, seems I was hungry, not enough breakfast I guess? But it was 12:30 by time I got there. Made one other Pit stop at an antique store in Pine first Shocked

Nice cool and fun weekend, Had a good time, thanks for putting this one together.
Heavy rain held off, only sprinkles from time I got there... so it was nice, but was hoping for rain last night so I could hear the pitter patter on the tent.
Made it down the steep climb to the creek. It is Pretty there, but as Diane said din't spend as much time as I thought I would have. Grey thunder clouds and rumbling made me think i'd head back up before the sky opened. But it never did Rolling Eyes Oh well, just another reason to go back again some day.
Nice wide open camp. Was a really Good time away.

And Yes I give Gash! credit for the climb out after splitting open the leg. He was a tropper for sure. But a story to tell Wink
The other kids were good too. They seemed to enjoy the outdoors and have a good time. Nice to meet you KFarm and Company. Pretty funny campfire chat.

Well best get to unpacking till next time.... uuuugh!

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: