ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Let's do Kendrick!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(6) (0) (2)
User
Hikngrl
paintninaz
beckett
GTG
Trishness
tibber
User
User
Hnak
threedogz
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 6/2/2012, 8:53 pm    Post subject: Let's do Kendrick!!!! Reply with quote

Todd and I are taking the girls up north for the weekend of June 22-24th to camp and play in the woods! Looking forward to it and it would be so much more fun if some of you wanted to join us! Hikin' up the mountian on Saturday. Hangin' around Friday.....

tibber

PostPosted: 6/21/2012, 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and while at the trap...Wink

Huckleberry drinks are ready, martini tested. You can enjoy huckleberry flavored drinks with or without huckleberry vodka. Razz
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 6/21/2012, 5:28 pm    Post subject: tarp! Reply to topic Reply with quote

oliverr99

PostPosted: 6/21/2012, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh Tibber, that sounds so good! I wish i could make it this weekend, but signed up for something else, and husband wants to go to the movies this weekend. Enjoy!!
threedogz

PostPosted: 6/21/2012, 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Haven't hiked with this group in a while! I would like to join you. Will camp Friday night, but will drive home after hike on Saturday. Maybe bringing a friend. Can't leave the convection oven (valley) until about 1430, so should show up about 1800 or so.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 6/21/2012, 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tibber wrote:
and while at the trap...Wink

Huckleberry drinks are ready, martini tested. You can enjoy huckleberry flavored drinks with or without huckleberry vodka. Razz

Oh my......I might just have to try one of those while at the trap! WITH vodka Smile

I made the hummus and cut up the veggies and also am bringing a nice smoked gouda~~~~

Woo Hoo!

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/21/2012, 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like y'all will have a Good time Yes
And a few more souls have joined the ranks. Have a good one out of the heat!

Didn't sound like rain either, maybe clouding up on Sun to get ready maybe

As the weather gal said, chance for Heat and a better chance for Dust

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 6/21/2012, 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sorry you can't make it Michelle, we'll miss ya......maybe you should bribe one of the guys to take your call for the weekend!

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
tibber

PostPosted: 6/22/2012, 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

randy883 wrote:
You liked how that tarp worked out in the Chiricahuas last year. I think I'll go down to the Huachucas, because I like that 50 percent chance of rain Sunday! Have fun, and by the way you do not need a fire to enjoy camping.

that tarp was awesome and now you can see, from the conversation on the board Laughing , why I invited you. But who knows, we could start a new trend sipping huckleberry martinis at the trap.
paintninaz wrote:
chihiggs wrote:
I will bring a trap even though it says no rain....one never knows Rolling Eyes

Say What?

chihiggs wrote:
If you see a tent set in the camping area we want and it has a red handkerchief tied to it but no vehicles around; it's me. I will leave the red handkerchief as an identifier Cool

Certainly sounds like a trap to me! Wink Chuckle

I'm thinking the trap might be better than an encounter with the characters showing the TARP in GTG's picture Alien Blink .

PS Trish, based on your response, I mixed up some more martini mix
Very Happy .
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/22/2012, 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

Certainly sounds like a trap to me! Wink Chuckle

Why doesn't this site have a 'Like" button? Laughing

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/22/2012, 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tibber wrote:
Trish, based on your response, I mixed up some more martini mix[/b][/i][/size] Very Happy .

Again, I need a "like" button!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/22/2012, 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can I just say that this weekend is looking like "old home days" and I am getting so excited to see and hike with everyone! Multi wave Hiking

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 6/22/2012, 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Can I just say that this weekend is looking like "old home days" and I am getting so excited to see and hike with everyone! Multi wave Hiking

Me too! Bouncing
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/24/2012, 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What fabulous weekend! So very good to see everyone! Lots of work to do for this hiker! Only 3 of 9 of us made it to the watch tower! The rest of us hiked until it was smart to turn around. The girls were shot by the time we got back to camp. Miss Lucy stopped in every spot of shade she could find on the way down extending the hike time considerably but when she got back to camp and had a nap she was ready to play frisbee!

Angela introduced me to a yummy libation known as a "hucktini" if you get the. Glance have her make you one someday. They are oh so good! The food that was shared was of course up to our usual AZH standard of excellence.

No need for the AZH corps of engineers to swing into action as the weather was amazing all weekend. Only drawback I can thInk of from the whole weekend was the bazillion flys that were our guests. They weren't very hungry so they weren't biting humans so other than a few sips from the beer and Hucktinis they didn't eat much.

Talk of the upcoming 10 year anniversary of the site came up. Thinking a celebration is in order.ore to come on that in the future.

Thank you all for coming and having a food time with us! Let's do it again real soon!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/24/2012, 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[quote="Hikngrl"]What fabulous weekend! So very good to see everyone! Lots of work to do for this hiker! Only 3 of 9 of us made it to the watch tower! The rest of us hiked until it was smart to turn around. The girls were shot by the time we got back to camp. Miss Lucy stopped in every spot of shade she could find on the way down extending the hike time considerably but when she got back to camp and had a nap she was ready to play frisbee!

Angela introduced me to a yummy libation known as a "hucktini" if you get the chance ask her to make you one someday. They are oh so good! The food that was shared was of course up to our usual AZH standard of excellence.

No need for the AZH corps of engineers to swing into action as the weather was amazing all weekend. Only drawback I can thInk of from the whole weekend was the bazillion flys that were our guests. They weren't very hungry so they weren't biting humans so other than a few sips from the beer and Hucktinis they didn't eat much.

Talk of the upcoming 10 year anniversary of the site came up. Thinking a celebration is in order more to come on that in the future.

Thank you all for coming and having a good time with us! Let's do it again real soon![quote/]

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/24/2012, 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Only 3 of 9 of us made it to the watch tower! The rest of us hiked until it was smart to turn around.

Well not all of "the rest of us", you forgot...2 of the 11 of us stayed back at camp and did the hammock hanging and relaxation thing...a little something for everyone's taste on this trip! Ok (yes we had 11 people show up for this!!! It was like a little reunion! thumbs up )

So fun to see everyone! We definitely need to do this more often!!

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: