ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Search and Rescue for Joe Domin GPSJOE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/9/2010, 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

a message from Joe's family to you all:

To: All

We would like to express our deep gratitude and thank all of you for joining together in an effort to find Joe Domin, our brother, and uncle. It is heartwarming to read your blogs each day on the hikearizona.com website detailing your combined efforts and plans as you search for Joe.

Joe loved the outdoors and was blessed to have wonderful hiking friends who held him in high esteem. Our hearts are filled with sadness but we can only take comfort in the fact that he was doing something that he loved.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. Please take care and be safe in your efforts to find Joe.

Sincerely,
Tony and Linda Domin, Sylvia Domin Saitta, and Joe's five nieces and nephews
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
beckett

PostPosted: 12/14/2010, 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think most are keeping an eye on the news about the search on HAZ...just wanted to post it here too.

They are putting together a big search group for the 18th/19th. If you have the time...every eye would help.

http://hikearizona.com/dex2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5716&sid=c5edffb6487517edd3dfef8bd88af172&start=20

I will be there if I am not needed at home.

Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/15/2010, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just a "heads-up" regarding setting up the donation account discussed. It turns out to be much more involved than I was originally informed of last week at the bank. Suz and I spent 1 1/2 hours at Wells Fargo tonight only to be told that in order for them to set up this account, they would have to set it up in MY NAME and not the name we wanted ("Friends of Joe Domin" or "Friends of GPS Joe Domin") This was totally unacceptable. We were told that the only way we could set it up under "Friends of XYZ" is to either have a business account or EIN/TIN number OR to set it up through a church. So I guess Suz and I will look into setting something up through a third party and see what we come up with. I don't think it's going to happen anytime before the end of the year.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you were wondering what happened with this particular topic......

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/17/2010, 8:26 am    Post subject: donations Reply to topic Reply with quote

The easiest way to set this up would probably be to have the donors send a single person their contribution and then have that person perform the donation in name of their preferred party name. This is how we did the AZ ZTrail donation a while back with me through Paypal. But note that Paypal takes a percent of each transaction and that might not be ideal.

GTG
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/17/2010, 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Another way may be just to have everyone interested in donating visit this page and place their donations directly to CAMRA.

http://www.mcsomr.org/fundraising.html

GTG
Suz

PostPosted: 12/18/2010, 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: donations Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
The easiest way to set this up would probably be to have the donors send a single person their contribution and then have that person perform the donation in name of their preferred party name.
GTG

Todd-- I'm wondering if this works for folks that are looking for the charitable contribution write off? I think folks would have to give directly to a non-profit for that, right?
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 12/19/2010, 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll keep my eyes open here to see what all is decided.
Whichever way is easist for you gals works for me.

I see you've spent some time trying to work out the details.
Thank you both for offering your time and assistance with this.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
jlb

PostPosted: 10/29/2011, 11:13 am    Post subject: GPS Joe Reply to topic Reply with quote

HI I have been gone for sometime and never did hear the outcome of Joe being missing.
Can you share please thanks john bain
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 10/29/2011, 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Still missing. There is a detailed map of GPS routes on hikearizona which many people have posted onto one map, looks like spaghetti, but sadly, still no sign of him. People are still going out looking.
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 10/30/2011, 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

there's also another missing person last seen on Mt Baldy.

Frank Patane went missing while hiking the West Baldy trail in mid Aug.

local friends and family continue a private SAR effort.

see the SAR Deb site for some great Baldy pics and 1st hand info from her 1st visit to Baldy where her team searched for Frank.

http://debssarstories.blogspot.com/2011/09/out-of-county-search-coconino-sar.html
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 10/30/2011, 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There's also a 66-year-old man missing, presumably went for a hike, from the Village of Oak Creek. His name is Jim Schwartz. Apparently someone claims to have seen him hitchhiking, but who knows?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: