ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Canister fuel (IsoPro) availability in south-east Tucson?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
C AZ

PostPosted: 9/8/2011, 12:25 pm    Post subject: Canister fuel (IsoPro) availability in south-east Tucson? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you know if there is a store south Tucson where I can purchase IsoPro or similar canister fuel for my MRS Pocket Rocket stove? I'll be arriving at the airport and will start my Ricon Mountain that afternoon. So it would be great if I don't have to drive across town to Summit Hut or Rei. It doesn't seem like a Walmart is close by either.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/9/2011, 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Walmart on West Valencia might have it. It is a little bit west of the airport, however, and you are heading east. They probably will carry the Coleman brand, but it is just as good. I use the same stove myself.

Summit Hut IS on the east side, on Speedway. (The store has two locations. The main store is located at 5045 East Speedway.) It really is not that far out of your way from the airport to that store, to the Rincon Mountains, and is a store worth visiting. If you are going to Happy Valley to hike Rincon Peak, and will be traveling on the I-10, you likely will have to go out of your way to get the fuel anyway. Not much down there in that part of town.
C AZ

PostPosted: 9/14/2011, 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Darn. With the late afternoon start and 6pm sun set it's going to be tight to get to the Happy Valley camp in daylight.

Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: