ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fossil Falls Sunday 08-14-11
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Stomper
PostPosted: 7/31/2011, 7:35 am    Post subject: Fossil Falls Sunday 08-14-11 Reply with quote

Cancelled due to radiator failure.

Stomper

PostPosted: 8/9/2011, 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would like to try to get a head count by Friday, would set up a confirmation list like on Granite Mtn hike but do not know how. I figure we can all carpool from the Target/PetCo parking lot. I can put the back seat in my Jeep and take two extra people (already have one passenger). The fewer vehicles we drive up the better but I am leary of taking any passenger cars on that forest road. They will make it but probably will not be fun. Tom that went with me last time is probably coming, along with his fiancee and her daughter. They have a quad cab Dodge and can take three people. So as it stands (assuming Tom does not cancel and is on time) we have room for five between us.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/10/2011, 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am sorry but it looks like we are going to be going to Tucson to see the kids and grand kids..... I can't possibly pass up that opportunity. It has been a month since we last saw them and the grandkids are different kids in that time!

Stomper, keep posting hikes. People will go if their schedules permit. That is the most frustrating part about planning a hike is finding time when every one can go.... It can't be done. Just plan them and who ever shows up goes.....Some times ya get two, some times ya get 20! Hiking

I want to shine!
Stomper

PostPosted: 8/10/2011, 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, not sure I will have time to post more though. With two jobs, fall semester starting, and hopefully being in paramedic school Jan 2012 until Oct 2012, then who knows where by Nov-Dec 2012 there will not be much hiking in my futre. Ah well....
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/10/2011, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Holy cow! You have a busy life in front of you! Well perhaps one day if ya drop in on the site in one of those two spare moments you have in the next several months you will find a hike that some one else has posted that you can. Join us on. Sorry I won't get to meet you this weekend!

I want to shine!
Stomper

PostPosted: 8/11/2011, 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like I will be replacing the radiator in my Jeep instead of hiking. The stock plastic tanks Jeep radiators have are notorious for cracking and I am surprised mine lasted this long. Ah wel....
tibber

PostPosted: 8/12/2011, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Stomper wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, not sure I will have time to post more though. With two jobs, fall semester starting, and hopefully being in paramedic school Jan 2012 until Oct 2012, then who knows where by Nov-Dec 2012 there will not be much hiking in my futre. Ah well....

well stay in touch; you never know, you might have time and need to take time for a nice day hike.

Good luck with your school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: