ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pool party/BBQ!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(2) (1) (0)
User
beckett
paintninaz
User
chihiggs
User
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 7/6/2011, 5:30 pm    Post subject: Pool party/BBQ! Reply with quote

Stuck in town that weekend cause of billing at Gartman so we thought we would make the best of it and plan a pool party Saturday the 30th of July.

If you have kids in your life please bring them, if you don't then just bring yourself and a guest if you wish. We are hopoing to have Emily that weekend too!

We will smoke some ribs and some other main dish type stuff if you will bring a potluck dish that would be great! Let me know what you would like to bring and I will start a list!

We haven't done this in a long time, let's have a great time! If you are seeing this and think others may not be let them know so they can get on and sign up!

Though it made me put the time in there when I made this post it is not showing anywhere so please note we are planning a 2:00 start time. To end when it ends!

beckett

PostPosted: 7/30/2011, 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane and Todd...thank you for hosting this lovely summer event. Everyone seemed to have a great time (I know I did)! The drive home was awesome with a fantastic sunset over the White Tank Mountains and light shows all over the valley.
So great seeing everyone.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/30/2011, 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had a great time too! It was wonderful to see everyone...and watch all the new little swimmers paddling about.

The food was abundant (a shocker, I know) and delicious!! Especially that port wine ice cream, it topped off that brownie just perfectly!! Agree

Thanks Diane and Todd for putting this together!!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 7/30/2011, 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What fun! I had a blast! Thank you to all of our friends who came to enjoy the summer heat with lots of food, pool play and friendship! You guys are awesome! Thank you Jaimi for the port wine icecream recipe! It was a big hit!

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 7/30/2011, 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Diane and Todd for opening up your home to enjoy a bit of relaxation. I had a real nice time and it was good to see several of you I hadn't seen in soo long!

Nice to visit with ya'll !!! Food was Fabulous as usual. When isn't it? Ice Cream was tastey and hit the spot especially sided with a Brownie !
Didn't realize the ice cream was home made... Yummmy! Spinning on my head thumbs up

And cool pool water helped take the edge off the heat! Yep, it's a swimmer! Nice.

Hope to see ya again on the trails when things work for me.

Oh and by the way, the sunglasses on the patio table are mine. Shades If you would please hang on to them for me, I'll remind you and you can bring them next time I meet up. I call those pair my "MATRIX" sunglasses. Thats what they remind me of anyway. Got another pair that will do until next time, just aren't as dark and keep out the light as well.

I was treated on my way home to some rain and lovely lightning in the sky. But bone dry here, so it must have already gone through. I'll get some here one of these days and can sit out on patio to enjoy watching the rain.

Thanks again for an enjoyable afternoon! Wink

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 7/31/2011, 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Todd for the JB Weld tip. I almost got the one you recommended but right next to it was one called Water Weld for wet conditions. Thought that might work better in the refrigerator. And it is sandable and paintable like the others. But it is off-white in color so I don't think I'll need to paint Wink

And I found some liquid nails in a small tube for extreme temperature and conditions. Bonds to foam. I'll be able to pull up the torn foam piece enough to glue the foam together and then put the bonding over it, all without having to empty and turn off. Each needs to cure for a day and being in a cold environment thought I might give it two days for each just in case. .. Hopefully by the weekend I'll have it all done and can put my shelf back in. Very Happy

Thanks again for the J B Weld Tip it will work and look better than my original thought, although I actually did find the Fix-all "White" Duct Tape!

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
chihiggs

PostPosted: 8/1/2011, 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane, Todd; thank you!! Ace and I had a wonderful time out there. Thanks for making Ace feel so welcome. He came home and bragged to Cristina about the splash "fight" he had with Diane. Diane, you better watch out next time; I think he is plotting something big Laughing
desertgirl

PostPosted: 8/1/2011, 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No icecream for me ? Looks like you all had a good time. Wish I could have been there!

Hey Todd - 2012 veggie season tutoring needed! My little veggie garden is a 300$ dud for 2011! 3 tomatoes ( lost them to the birds) & 2 squash .....
tibber

PostPosted: 8/1/2011, 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad you all had a good time. I just didn't have much energy to participate as I am still recuperating (unpacking, editing videos and photos, doing laundry etc) from my week in Glacier Park.

But I had to let Todd know I saw some Huckleberry Mead when I was in the liquor store picking up my Polar Ice HUCKLEBERRY vodka. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: