ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Snow on the Superstitions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAB

PostPosted: 4/10/2011, 9:02 pm    Post subject: Snow on the Superstitions Reply to topic Reply with quote

Go figure, I rescheduled my trip to the Grand Canyon due to low temps and snow. As an alternate, we head to the Superstitions to so a quick overnighter with the known chance of lots of rain. Get this...

It snowed at 2800 feet!

Awesome trip, in-and-out trail Peralta TH to Bluff Springs to Dutchman’s Trail to Le Barge Spring at (Red Tanks Trail) and return. (We had a loop planned but decided to stick to the route already traveled due to the weather.

All in all it was a great trip. And get this, my first visit to the Superstition Wilderness. I've been in Az since '86 too.

Once again, very happy with all my gear and the backpacking experience, with the exception of needing a better rain jacket. LOL.

Here's some pics of the trail: (sorry for the outside link, in the face of saving time)

http://az-burts.smugmug.com/Backpacking/Superstitions-1st-backpack/16551353_QyhsJ#1246440212_QFArN

DAB

PS - Canyon is rescheduled for last weekend in May. Note to self - get in better shape, or bring a 10# pack!

- To those who do... and to those that don't. Cheers!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 4/12/2011, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

First time I've seen snow in the Supes in April!!! Jan and Feb YES but never in April~~~

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: