ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Miss Lucy is gonna go hiking!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/28/2010, 7:18 am    Post subject: Miss Lucy is gonna go hiking!!!! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gonna take our Lucy out to the White Tanks this Sat morning for her first hike. If you would like to join us we would love to have you come along. Be aware that it is her first hike and we won't be working for milage as much as behavior and learning to hike like a good hiker.... If you end up hiking on with out us that will be ok with us.....She is a good girl though so we should be able to get a decent hike in I think. I can't wait to get her out there!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/30/2010, 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We did about four miles total and Lucy loved it!!! She was such a well mannered hiker. We were so proud of her!!!! I was a little worried she wasn't drinking enough though.... we offered water frequently but she didn't always take it. I wish she would drink out of a bottle like some of you guy's dogs do but she is afraid of the bottle so we have to do the foldable bowl thing.

All in all we had a great time and when we got out of the park we went to lunch at Blu Burger grill where they let you bring your dog and sit out on the patio! That was so fun!

Great morning! Now off to dinner with Toni and Karen! What a wonderful day! PS! We also got our winter garden planted the rest of the way today!!

I want to shine!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/30/2010, 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gooooo LUCY!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
beckett

PostPosted: 10/31/2010, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like you had another awesome first!

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/1/2010, 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ohhhhh....Lucy is a DOG! I was a bit confused at first... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: