ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Step Back In Time ...Riding the Rails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertgirl

PostPosted: 9/29/2010, 11:03 pm    Post subject: Step Back In Time ...Riding the Rails Reply to topic Reply with quote

This past weekend I went up to Colorado ( Durango) to ride the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. This was a special that they run a few times a year for some special photo ops -- basically they let you get out of the train & then they have run bys...

Some images

desertgirl

PostPosted: 9/29/2010, 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Additional images of the night shoot at the depot in Durango

Enjoy!
randy883

PostPosted: 9/30/2010, 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wonderful Ambika, I love these old trains! Smile
azhiker96

PostPosted: 9/30/2010, 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. When I saw the topic I thought it was about catching a ride on a freight train.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 9/30/2010, 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome shots Ambika. I could have bumped into you. I had been there for the last two weeks. Glad you got in on the fall colors, they were awesome this year. Haven't posted any pics yet.

Glad the weather was good. I had 12 days of sunshine, then last Wednesday at elevation, over 12k above Silverton it was snowing silver dollar size flakes. Made my way into town and the the water was running gutter high down the street.

Did you go all the way from Durango to Silverton? Was your water stop at Neddleton? I was going to be coming out of Chicago Basin doing Sunlight, Eolus and Windham. To bad we didn't bump into one antoher.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/1/2010, 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It would have been great to meet you out there in the wilderness. I saw a good bit of fall -- if you were out there then you probably saw some great color. Cant wait for you photos.

Yes- I rode the train up from Durango to Silverton & then back down again. Ye sthey did stop for water at Needleton. I think I want to hike in Chicago Basin next summmer... Very Happy Its beautiful country out there!
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 10/3/2010, 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great photo's thanks for posting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: