ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Possible EPIC Hikes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/30/2003, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
evenstar wrote:
I think it wise to remember that "Epic" is in the eye of the beholder; what might be Epic for our resident aliens would probably kill off 90% of our members; and what might be epic for that 90% would be a walk in the park to the aliens. Do we please only the aliens? Or do we seek a happy medium that most members can enjoy?
I think we're already doing this. We have a number of hikes on the calendar, and they're of a variety of levels. Practically every weekend, there are multiple hikes planned. I enjoy the epics, I love the challenge and the adventure. But I also enjoy doing a moderate hike with a great group of friends. Is there some reason we can only plan one kind of hike here? Why not all kinds of hikes?

sorry, deleted this because I confused the issue...
won't happen again! lol
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/30/2003, 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sherileeaz wrote:
I believe the Epic (most challenging hike) is planned on the first Saturday of each month or close to it. This leaves the rest of the month for other hikes. Or an alternative hike that meets up with the EPIC hikers.
Sherileeaz Hiking

Ok wait now...I thought the first Sat. of the month was for the "group hike of the month" a NON-epic type hike and that the actual EPIC schedule had not yet been determined... (and other hikes could be arranged also to fill in-betweens).... Confused ...am I wrong?

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/30/2003, 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
sherileeaz wrote:
I believe the Epic (most challenging hike) is planned on the first Saturday of each month or close to it. This leaves the rest of the month for other hikes. Or an alternative hike that meets up with the EPIC hikers.
Sherileeaz Hiking

Ok wait now...I thought the first Sat. of the month was for the "group hike of the month" a NON-epic type hike and that the actual EPIC schedule had not yet been determined... (and other hikes could be arranged also to fill in-betweens).... Confused ...am I wrong?

Ut oh, am "I" wrong? yikes!! (most likely)

Ok someone unconfuse us!! lol

Sherileeaz
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/30/2003, 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

07-Feb Dutchmans-Bluff Spring Loop
06-Mar Trish?
03-Apr Reavis Ranch Overnight
01-May Canyon Lake to Peralta TH
05-Jun Flume/Fossil Canyon/Springs
10-Jul Humphries Peak
Aug - Made in the Shade Beer Festival
04-Sep Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Mesa
02-Oct Sycamore Pass to Taylor Cabin
06-Nov South Fork of Deer Creek
04-Dec

OK I AM confused now, here's the list. Most seemed Epic to me, such as Humphries.

Listen, I am going to refrain from posting til this gets figured out.
I apologize if I've mixed this up. Ignore me! lol most do anyway!

Very sorry. I'll wait to see what is what before I "ass"ume anything...sigh...Sorry.

Sheri
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/30/2003, 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, that August one is quite the Epic, especially if you hang around Heat! Beer
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/30/2003, 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Yeah, that August one is quite the Epic, especially if you hang around Heat! Beer

Ok stop making me post!!

LMAO!!!

Sheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: