ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Arizona weather report?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah

PostPosted: 11/29/2009, 11:44 am    Post subject: Arizona weather report? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tucson got some good soaking early this morning, but now it's clearing at noon. A dusting of snow on the Catalinas. First good rain in a good long time.
How's the rest of Arizona doing?

Laughing
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 11/29/2009, 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rained on me at work in scottsdale last night (didnt have the roof on my jeep of course)

Kerouac
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/29/2009, 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not much in Eagar but clouds and a very chill breeze. We had a very slight dusting of corn snow the size of rock salt overnight.

Sunrise webcam shows a little snow on the ground there, but probably only a few inches, some of which may have been there already.
Erock

PostPosted: 11/29/2009, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Light dusting of snow overnight but mostly off and on drizzles up here in Taylor. Feels more like fall and less like winter.
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 11/29/2009, 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Winter weather hits Tucson area, snow on Mount Lemmon
Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 11.29.2009

The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory for snow above 4,500 feet, from 8 p.m. Sunday through noon Monday.

A winter storm warning was issued for Cochise, Santa Cruz and Graham counties.

There was three inches of snow on Mount Lemmon Sunday evening.

Catalina Highway was closed Sunday except for vehicles with four-wheel drive or chains...

read more: http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/319445.php

In addition to the above, according to the Pima County Sheriff Road Condition Hotline (547-7510), all Forest Service roadways in the Santa Catalina Mountains have been closed and gates locked. Additionally, the Oracle Control Road gate has been closed and locked until spring.

source: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonHikers/message/3230

Bill
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 11/30/2009, 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A couple of inches in Flag, rain on Az strip, mostly wind, light snow on places around Happy Jack, rain and thunder near Payson, neat rainbow and clouds over Roosevelt.
The Tonto basin is colorful with cottonwoods and sycamores. Rain in Globe. Haven't made it to Tucson and over El Cap yet.
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 12/2/2009, 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Greer Lodge is reporting Sunrise Ski area will open on Dec 12

No word of this on the Sunrise site but Greer Lodge email says to call to confirm opening...
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 12/8/2009, 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

School closed today in Round Valley (Springerville/Eagar), so I'm off for the day. However, ironically, it is sunny and there is only about 3 inches of snow on the ground. Actually less than that, because the wind has blown it away. Up in Greer, Sunrise, etc., there is a lot more. It appears the storm is over for now, the sky is mostly clear.

It is too cold and windy and icy and the roads are too bad for me to consider going cross country skiing today. I just don't want to deal with those roads. I'll hit the gym instead, I guess. I had really hoped the storm in Flag would head this way, I had hoped to wake up to 15 inches on the ground. In that case, I don't need to drive anywhere to ski--I just go right out the front door!
(from a couple years ago)

Skiing on Main Street:
Deborah

PostPosted: 12/8/2009, 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not as much rain as I would have liked in the city.. my truck is dirtier now than before the storm. Lot's of blowing dirt... Oracle received 1.5 inch of rain and of course Mt. Lemmon is closed. Another wave blowing in on Thursday.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 12/8/2009, 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm watching the forecast for Gila Bend and Yuma, because a woman I met recently is riding her bicycle, solo, from Boston to San Diego. She's somewhere out there between Phoenix and Gila Bend right now. The forecast doesn't look too bad in that area--not too windy, and scattered chance of rain on Thurs. and Fri.
Erock

PostPosted: 12/8/2009, 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Didn't get much snow up here in Taylor, but we sure got a lot of wind and cold. Just got back inside from doing some roofing repairs. Nailing shingles when it's 28 F out and a stiff breeze blowing isn't my idea of fun.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 12/9/2009, 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Drove out and spent the night out on the desert. Was expecting snow, slept thru the storm, no snow but it rained.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: