ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A Celebration Of The Life Of Hooli
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(4) (6) (3)
User
Sande J
wanderingsoul
outside1
azhiker96
User
GTG
Tom Treks
kurthzone
paintninaz
Hikngrl
beckett
User
jmzblond
Shihiyea
ck1
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 10/15/2009, 4:36 pm    Post subject: A Celebration Of The Life Of Hooli Reply with quote

As some of you know, we lost a dear friend earlier this year - evenstar - also known as Hooli amongst many other names.

We will be having a celebration of his life on Saturday November 21st. A Hooligy if you will.
We have the Willow Overflow Campground G at White Tanks Regional Park reserved for us for Friday and Saturday nights. Room for 8 large tents, 12 - 15 small tents, 5 tables, 5 grills and a large fire ring.

So come on out, help us celebrate and remember. More details to come.

Food Stuff

GTG - firewood and fried homegrown okra

Hikngrl - pancakes, bacon, brats and fixn's, don't worry, I won't leave Todd in charge of mustard!

paintninaz - tri-tip over easy

Tom Treks - A lighter and Panther Piss

jmzblond - Hooli's favorite brownies!

beckett - pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies

wanderingsoul - artichoke/spinach dip and some thing to dip (???)

GTG

jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 11/17/2009, 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, for the few of us that are only coming up on Saturday, is there any particular plan for the day? A hike? A time to gather??

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 11/17/2009, 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, and an FYI...

Venomous Creatures at White Tank Park
White Tank Mountains Regional Park
Date: 11/22/2009
Time: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM Duration: 1.5 hours
Speaker: Ranger Doc
Registration Required: No

Come to the White Tank Visitor’s Center for a talk about cold blooded creatures that inhabit our desert. This is not a hiking event but you are welcome to hike any one of our many trails after the talk. On display will be some venomous creatures and a few other creepy crawlies of the desert. Area 3 Ramada at 9:00 am

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/18/2009, 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm up for pancakes in the morning. Sounds good to me. I think I have some Butter Pecan syrup, I'll bring with, although only about 1/2 bottle Sad I'll go see if I can find it again and bring another one Wink

Don't see much to go with the raw meat, so I'll bring some kind of pasta or potatoe dish. Trying to think of something that can be heated, so it's not cold. Do you remember Todd there is a plug in right? Then I can bring my electric burner to heat up.

Oh and low and behold I think I have some plastic forks, spoons and knives... that's surprising huh?

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/18/2009, 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wish I could join you guys. First time I met Hooli was the Reavis Ranch overnight, lots of laughs on that trip.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/18/2009, 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wanderingsoul wrote:
Do you remember Todd there is a plug in right? Then I can bring my electric burner to heat up

Michelle, sorry, we won't have any electric that I know of. I'll double check though. If not, there will be plenty of stoves to use I'm sure.

jmzblond wrote:
So, for the few of us that are only coming up on Saturday, is there any particular plan for the day? A hike? A time to gather??

Haven't thought much about the hiking part, maybe we'll do some kind of renegade thing again? As far as a time, the plan is to get up whenever we want on Sat AM and do breakfast. We probably won't do anything involving real physical activity until 10:00 AM or so I imagine.

GTG
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/18/2009, 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As would be appropriate we plan to do lots of reminiscing and laughing. Please bring your memories and stories. If you have anything else to contribute feel free! I am thinking there will be plenty of adult beverages flowing.... Hooli would have wanted it that way! Looks like food will be abundant... every one bring something to share as we always do....A good time is guaranteed! Cant wait to see you all this weekend!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/18/2009, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pot lucking on Friday please let us know if you are eating before you come out so we know who to plan to feed.

I want to shine!
ck1

PostPosted: 11/18/2009, 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like my plans have changed. I'll still be there, but the camping out part will most likely not happen. Since Pat blew out her ACL and miniscus, we've camped once, but it was kinda rough for her....so...the Kelly's will come on out for the fun, but will return to the far east for the comfort of beds.

Unless I by a travel trailer in the next few days.. Laughing

"The Journey is the Destination"
beckett

PostPosted: 11/18/2009, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Pot lucking on Friday please let us know if you are eating before you come out so we know who to plan to feed.

I will not be eating at camp on Friday evening. My school has an annual BBQ and then I can become "beckett" for the rest of the weekend! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
azhiker96

PostPosted: 11/19/2009, 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm on antibiotics now and starting to feel better. We're planning on coming out Saturday morning and camping that evening.
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 11/19/2009, 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will be coming out in the AM on Saturday. I would like to get some good hiking in... so if anyone wants to hit the trail with me around 8 AM or so maybe we can find a little adventure. Planning on camping Sat nite and will bring a chicken hot wing mix with celery, and some bagels for breakfast Sunday AM.
Looking forward to seeing y'all!

SJ
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/19/2009, 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would like to do some 'splorin' but not gonna get up early (in the cold) to do it. I plan to have a slow coffee sippin' kinda morning then get out and splore. I haven't had a slow relaxed morning in I can't remember how long and I am gettin it this weekend! So either I will catch up with you some place or see you when we get back to camp! It will be good to see you again!

I want to shine!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/19/2009, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Guru & I will be raising a toast Margarita to Hooli at the Grandcanyon and the wonderful times I have spent with him on many a camping trips. Everytime I pass Mather campground I will fondly recall the hot coffee wake-up in the camper!
beckett

PostPosted: 11/20/2009, 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sande J wrote:
I will be coming out in the AM on Saturday. I would like to get some good hiking in... so if anyone wants to hit the trail with me around 8 AM or so maybe we can find a little adventure. Planning on camping Sat nite and will bring a chicken hot wing mix with celery, and some bagels for breakfast Sunday AM.
Looking forward to seeing y'all!

SJ

I'm up for an early morning hike...but I don't know if I can keep up with you Sande! It will be wonderful to see you again.

Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Suz

PostPosted: 11/20/2009, 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know you all will have a wonderful time! I won't be able to share in the celebration due to a scheduling conflict. Instead I'll be having an early Thanksgiving Dinner with my precious Gma, family and about 30 other residents with Dementia + their families.

Please know that Sadie and I will be thinking of you all and Hooli (plus Rich)....as we do everyday...especially when I attempt to brush her teeth. Mr. Green We miss him bunches---sending much love---Suz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: