ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Italy here I come!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/22/2009, 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well we had a busy week, my cousin Rob visited for a few days and we made the best of it.
Saturday- Went to Austria to see the Eagles nest, got up there and it was snowed out, that's right, couldn't see it in July because of too much snow on the road up there.
Sunday- We drove to Pula Croatia and saw the old collesium as well as went to the beach, had dinner in Slovenia on the way home along the seafront.
Monday - Took a half day trip to Vajont porridge and Lake Barcis near home.
Tuesday - We went to Venice for the day
Wednesday- Took my cousin to the airport, but did find a sports store in Treviso which has a 100' rock climbing wall and about 150 routes inside/out.

You can checkout all the pictures here.
http://public.fotki.com/Davis2001r6/italy-2010/

Jen has started keeping a blog and at the top of some of the albums there is a link to her write-ups. She's a little behind as well.

Now back to work for two more days and then need to find something to do for the weekend.

-TIM-
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 7/22/2009, 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you done with softball?
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/22/2009, 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not yet, still have a few games next week then playoffs start. We've lost a few guys to leave and injuries so it's making it interesting. If we can pull of the base championship we get a free trip to Germany to play in the USAFE tournament. It's a long shot right now but we did beat the only undefeated team left last week.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 7/23/2009, 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
Vajont porridge

Huh? Did you mean "dam" and instead put "de-ay-im-in?" Wink

Anyway, it sounds so incredible. I hope you are well-settled and have no worries about your general life and job there, so that you can really enjoy your days off.

Incidentally, Tim, my son Jeff is in the USMC, 13th MEU, on the USS Boxer, and is returning from 7 months tour--Africa, pirate hunting (and rescuing captain), Kenya, Djibouti, Dubai, Jordan, Thailand (he had shore leave on the island of Phuket!), Guam, and Hawaii. Unfortunately they skipped Hong Kong. He had looked forward to that but the command had to change their plans. In Guam he and some pals chartered a sportfishing boat, caught some really BIG fish, and they also went snorkeling. In Thailand they hit all the beaches and went to one of those hotels with the swim-up bar. Also he loves ethnic foods and seafood, so they hit all the farmer's markets and vendor carts.

Now they're in Hawaii, and fishing there, too--in Pearl Harbor he caught a barracuda, and in the creek up on the Pali he caught a big bass and his friend caught a big catfish, and they're planning to go surfing today! Someone who lives there took them to a little hole-in-the-wall sushi place where the proprietor kept bringing out trays of really unusual dishes for them to try. They sat there and ate and the food kept coming.

Well, keep us posted, it's always interesting to hear about your adventures. Even just ordinary day-to-day stuff can be interesting.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 7/23/2009, 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Now back to work for two more days and then need to find something to do for the weekend.

Cool
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/23/2009, 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did I mention long days at work? Maybe I might just rest for a weekend, 12 hour days are getting old fast.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 8/23/2009, 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

After another week of 12's wanted to get in a hike this weekend. I finally made it up to the "4 Peaks" that I look at everyday. Not really anything like them, still lots of climbing, but they have a much bigger feel. The hundred foot drops seem to be replaced with thousand foot ridgelines. I tried to climb to the highpoint Cima Manera at 7385', only made it to 7117'. The clouds came in and I hit a section I wasn't comfortable doing on a clear day. Missed a red + sign on the map underneath the black + that signaled the county border. Well the red sign meant that part was a Ferrata route (cable aided climbing) and I don't have that harness yet. Plus not sure I want to be doing those solo. So the clouds came right up and stayed on the ridgeline, they never did end up coming across the ridge until later in the day so I took a longer trail back down and did a little road walk to get back to the car.

Highlight of the day was seeing a herd of sheep hanging out at the last snowfield on the mountain. Yes I said that right, snow in August Smile

You can checkout my pictures here:
http://public.fotki.com/Davis2001r6/tims-hiking-trips-1/cima-manera-climbin/

-TIM-
Desert-Boonie

PostPosted: 8/23/2009, 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well at least you made it out for a good hike Timmy. I can relate to clouds rolling in and not giving you the best hiking conditions. Nice pictures, wish we had some snow around here. Smile

"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/13/2009, 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry, been a little slow updating pictures and such. Still haven't got to do much hiking but have done a lot of sightseeing. Our last trip was to Budapest, Jen did a nice Blog on it you can read here:
http://jdombinitaly.blogspot.com/2009/10/budapest.html

Pretty amazing place, one of the nicest nighttime cityscapes I seen. My pictures certainly didn't do it justice. Nice easy drive to get there too, but my gas mileage sucked even in the honda when you set the cruise at 100mph for an hour straight. I don't look forward to ever driving in the US again.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 10/13/2009, 5:11 pm    Post subject: sounds great Reply to topic Reply with quote

So what about the baloon festivals Tim? I hear that they have some great ones ove there.

GTG
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 10/14/2009, 8:21 am    Post subject: Balloon Festival Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, here's Tim just outside the gates of the Budapest International Balloon Festival!

paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/15/2009, 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rofl ROFLMAO Cracked Up

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/15/2009, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice one Stan, I think I need to look up one of Hooli's works of art for a repost.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/16/2009, 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh my gosh Stan! You are so good! Davisnumbers, we miss you but have no fear. There is no lack of presence of your name being bandied about in the Canyon. Having you out of the country has proven to be quite convenient as far as that goes! We can get by with anything now and not soil our good names!

I want to shine!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/19/2009, 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I finally got pictures updated from recent trips, if your interested you can check them out here:
http://public.fotki.com/Davis2001r6/italy-2010/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: