ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mona-Vie Acai Berry ---> juice/energy drink/gel packs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suz

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 8:21 am    Post subject: Mona-Vie Acai Berry ---> juice/energy drink/gel packs Reply to topic Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this product? If so, any feedback?
http://www.monavie-emv.com/
It's supposed to be better for you than the redbull or monster drinks that are filled with caffeine and artificial stuff.
I have a friend that hooked me up with this product. Drank a can around 5pm last night and I'm still waiting for it to stop.

or what about this one?
http://www.monavie.com/Web/US/en/monavie_active.dhtml
His thought was that it might help my knee recover a little faster.

Or the gel packs ---they say they do not cause electrolyte clogs
http://www.acai-berry.com/category/monavie-gel/

What's your knowledge of this product?
azhiker96

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Were you awake all night? That's pretty impressive! I can't get that much boost from a latte triple shot! Checking the ingredients it looks like there should be a fair amount of caffeine in MonaVie. They're just not honest about it. I could make a drink with espresso and market it saying no added caffeine. The ingredients list would read pure water, organic espresso, organic whole milk, maltose. It would taste great and give most people a good buzz.

I stopped energy drinks a few years ago after I threw a kidney stone. Excess vitamins and minerals are just tossed out in urine. If the urine is too concentrated, it can make stones. Now I drink plenty of water and take a multivitamin once or twice a week, whenever I think of it.

What's an electrolyte clog? I found references to such a thing in electrolytic cells but I don't think you're worried about your car battery.
Suz

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Electrolyte clog..........too much of the power gel stuff with the electrolytes....it sort of goobers up making a clogged feeling....you haven't had that before? dunno
azhiker96

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol, I've never had any of the power gels. I did consume too much salt substitute one time and had a few scary minutes of chest pain. I won't do that again.

Now that you explain it, I can see how swallowing a concentrated solution could mess up absorption until your body adds enough fluid to thin things out.

If this stuff works for you that's great. I'm not trying to rain on the parade but I bet it does have caffeine in it.
Suz

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm anxiously awaiting my return to a "normal" state. It had to have something in it. I really just wondered if anyone had a similar experience or any experience with it. I was also sort of hoping that you would volunteer to take one of the cans off my hands for research purposes.
azhiker96

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Whew, it took awhile but I finally found a source from the company that says there's about 60mg caffeine per serving. Not enough for a mainline caffeine junky like me but it probably helps when combined with all the other compounds.

http://acaiberrycompany.com/monavieesupmvsup-monavieenergyesupmvsup-p-140.html
azhiker96

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Where did you find it? Actually, I might give it a try. It could help on day three when I have 3-12s back to back.
Suz

PostPosted: 7/26/2009, 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, I have a friend that is a distributor and gave me some samples. I probably should have been prepared to climb tall buildings after drinking it but I was just doing laundry.
pfredricks

PostPosted: 7/27/2009, 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That seems to be the MLM product du jour. Know of two friends now who became "distributors"
"I am just going outside and may be some time."- Explorer Oates' last words before crawling out of his tent in -40 C temps. Sacrificed himself so as not to hold back his 1912 South Pole expedition teamates.
Jackbite

PostPosted: 10/8/2012, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Drink products are good due to its taste and quality as compare to others drinking items. when ever i go on tour, i take red-bull with me for getting energy which i consume for traveling.
What sort of drink is consider better during traveling ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: