ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZ Group Media Workshop Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerMuser

PostPosted: 7/4/2009, 1:29 pm    Post subject: AZ Group Media Workshop Idea Reply to topic Reply with quote

I noticed that Suze is hosting a digital workshop soon and I checked the guy's website and he looks really talented and proficient...

I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile to have a media workshop that teaches az members how to navigate the site, (including inserting files and the ins and outs of messaging), and gallery in general; how to process photos simply from their own computers and any art programs they have, and how to set up good shots when hiking, with or without people.

Maybe it's something that could also be set up as a simple series of tutorials on Youtube, as well... or the first workshop could be a group meet and hike, culminating at a place where we could practice processing stuff...maybe in the Fall when it cools off a bit..In a centralized spot, maybe Sidona...we could practice while on the trail, then come back and process and post as a group tutorial. (people could bring their laptops so we have plenty of computers)

We could draw from talented members of our group to teach us!

What could/would you teach in a portion of a Fall Media workshop?

What do you think?? Rolling Eyes Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Suz

PostPosted: 7/4/2009, 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Derek is indeed very talented. He knows I'm a big fan of his stuff and heavens he's answered so many of my questions.

I'm all for getting together.......especially if it involves food, hiking, friends and fun. Fall is Sedona is certainly beautiful, aren't all the seasons, though? Fall is a little more of a challenge with the start of a new school year and the draw of cooler weather and changes in color....all making me want to be outside. Not sure how anyone else will think.

I've taken a pile of tech/photo classes over the years and still know very little. I try to be very specific with each of my questions and usually one of the tech gurus on here will jump in and help. It's a very sharing group that way Very Happy
MerMuser

PostPosted: 7/4/2009, 2:50 pm    Post subject: Various talents within the group... Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sure you could teach tips from your experiences with photos and also making movies.

Yes, back to work will be a grind...ugh., especially with budget cuts and larger classrooms, etc.

But, perhaps a weekend in the fall in a centralized beautiful spot, where we could compile a list of questions and work them out. Even how to relax in front to of a camera, or how to set up a good composition, or how to anticipate a wildlife move...all kinds of stuff.

Ahhh, maybe a new way of making money doing what we love to do!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: