ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Recumbent Exercise Bike Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suz

PostPosted: 5/26/2009, 2:45 pm    Post subject: Recumbent Exercise Bike Needed Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.target.com/Stamina-Programmable-Magnetic-4825-Exercise/dp/B001I8A1Z2/ref=sc_qi_detaillink?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1PBP5B0QFZFT1XDZTV81&pf_rd_p=436115101&pf_rd_i=B001I8A1Z2&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101
I'm looking for something like this to move my knee along. I'm using one similar to this in PT.

I'm just wondering if perhaps maybe someone has one sitting around collecting dust??? Rolling Eyes
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 5/26/2009, 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz, I have an old one you can have for free. But it is not at all high tech. I did use it here one winter, I just timed myself and pedaled for half an hour or 45 minutes or whatever, every day. I guess it helped me a bit. I don't recommend you drive all the way up here just to get it, because it's not that great. But if you just happen to be in town, by all means, stop by.
Suz

PostPosted: 5/26/2009, 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I might just make the drive. Can you zip me a picture of it?
YH
Hooli Wants to be just like me!

PostPosted: 5/26/2009, 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz, if you already have a bike you could pick up a trainer to put your bike on. They work well and I would guess you could get one on craigslist or ebay at a good price.

What's up with your knee?
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 5/27/2009, 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, a trainer is a good idea. I'll put a photo up later of my old stationary bike.
Suz

PostPosted: 5/27/2009, 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I do have a bike a very nice mountain bike! A trainer thing has been suggested by others on here, and even offered, it's good idea but it's not what I'm ready for yet. Thank you to the others that have offered their own exercise bikes.

I really need one with the back support to the seat. It has something to do with the angle of the knee and range of motion I'm working to get back. The upright seating position of a regular bike is apparently too much stress for my knee right now.

This article explains a bit about why a recumbent bike puts less stress on the knees and joints.
http://www.pioneerthinking.com/mw_ebikes.html

here's one about the mcl injury. Mine isn't completely torn just a rip Rolling Eyes
I think I'm really lucky
http://www.livestrong.com/video/3526-rehab-torn-mcl/
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 5/28/2009, 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My funky old one sits you directly upright and has no backrest.

Hope you heal up soon!
Suz

PostPosted: 5/28/2009, 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc says I should be good to pivot, hike and climb in 3 weeks!! Fingers crossed for a knee that is 110% by June 19th! For now I'll use the recumbent bikes at LA Fitness........since I already have a membership there, the one I want is 449.00, and I'm not working......guess I can make the 10 minute drive.
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 5/29/2009, 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What about "Play it Again Sports"? Are they still in biz?I just saw one at a Savers a few weeks ago. Craigslist??
Suz

PostPosted: 5/29/2009, 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yep that's a good idea. They are still in business. They had a 3 recumbent bikes. One was 159 bucks but the rest were pretty high priced. Checked craigslist also, didn't find anything........yet.

I'll probably just make the drive to the gym when I don't have PT. I'm saving my money for a Karoo Boer-Bean tree like this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: